Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Back to the original topic!
I am going to do everything i can to be on this trip.
As long as the unit im transfering to doesnt mind me taking over a week off.
But i need to know what flavor yall want to smell. Im going to be adding a smell good to the propane.
I hope i dont see the flames again uploadfromtaptalk1392339098208.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I think I started a build thread...or not :confused: - it just might be out there in cyberspace for the cyberspace jeepers.... :eek:

Also my better half finally joined the forum - mriplaybass (Curt)
I doubt he will introduce himself just from me asking :rolleyes: - he might listen to the rest of you....:)
I'm looking forward to seeing your build thread. I'm also looking forward to meeting you and Curt. This will be a good time. I'll make sure we don't loose anyone. The only issue is keeping these older jeeps running. I've got a list of things I want to do on my Jeep.

I feel so at home here - you can see I'm talking to myself!!:rolleyes:
:chug:
:laugh:
That's funny. I'm watching your posts. In all honesty I did miss the last couple. I've been busy.
Here's a mine we'll pass on our first day on lower Engineer Pass.
day4-03_mine_on_lower_engineer_pass.jpg

That cable is used to haul ore done to the mine. The tower off the right side of the picture collapsed and the cable is low now.
We will be passing lots of mines. These mines are fun to explore but be carefull. Most of them are also dangerous. The buildings are all about to fall down and the mine pits are usually open. They've been trying to fill them in and stabilize the buildings but there are so many of them they have only been securing the ones near highways or a town.
Here's some more mines in these mountains.
55TreasureMtMineAnd2more_zps0d7624e9.jpg
Treasure Mountain Mine
Day2-15_BoileronCaliforniaPass_zps319dc75e.jpg
Here's an old boiler. There are lots of these abandoned up in these mountains.
The rest of these were all taken during the 2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride. They were all taken at the California Gulch Mine. We'll be there this year too.
orniaGulchMineAnd2more_tonemappedLarge_zps73234ad0.jpg
orniaGulchMineAnd2more_tonemappedLarge_zps830c9eba.jpg
orniaGulchMineAnd2more_tonemappedLarge_zps7db048da.jpg

Last edited:
As long as the unit im transferring to doesn't mind me taking over a week off.
But i need to know what flavor y'all want to smell. Im going to be adding a smell good to the propane.
I hope i don't see the flames again View attachment 16449
Good to hear. Hope to see you there. A little propane isn't a bad thing to smell. I just don't want to smell a burning jeep. :eek:
BTW do you have a license plate for the back of that rig?

But i need to know what flavor yall want to smell. Im going to be adding a smell good to the propane.
I hope i dont see the flames again View attachment 16449

I hope i dont see the flames again

I vote for a diesel smell!!!:D

Me too..... I looked today at my local speed shop they have grape, cherry, vanilla, blueberry, cotton candy and rootbeer

I've seen it for gas but never propane. How do you get it mixed it the tank?

they put sulfur in nitrous I would bet they could put grape in propane.:laugh:

We run the same stuff that they run in drag cars. You put it in the tank before getting it filled. We have never had a problem.

We are going to add Beer smell !

As long as it's not second hand beer that you are adding.:wasted::laugh:

What fun is that....... I drove the 8 to the gas station earlier and just to mess with a guy at the pump he was looking at my tanks and asked how i fill them?
I looked at him and said i call the propane truck and have them come to me!

Im trying to figure out how many miles per tank i can get! But with no speedo or mile ticker imtaking a shot in the dark

Man I want to make this trip, Colorado isn't that far away ..... That's a long trip in a Jeep getting 8 mpg though. If I can squeeze 15 mpg I just might be there.

Man I want to make this trip, Colorado isn't that far away ..... That's a long trip in a Jeep getting 8 mpg though. If I can squeeze 15 mpg I just might be there.

Aw come on...:D You're 1200 miles round trip - the difference between 8mpg and 14mpg is $225...

Now granted, that's YOUR $225, but if you figure the trip is 24 weeks away, then you just need to stash $10 a week to cover your difference. You might spend about $225 making your Jeep GET 14mpg so as far as the trip alone is concerned that's a wash?

See how easy it is to spend other peoples money? :laugh:

My Tundra, pulling a 16 ft trailer with the Cj on it gets better mileage than the CJ.:laugh:

And it is a lot more comfortable to drive.:D

I only expect to get 8mpg in my truck pulling the jeep. And it's 1500 miles one way for me. :rolleyes:

I only expect to get 8mpg in my truck pulling the jeep. And it's 1500 miles one way for me. :rolleyes:

If I had to drive my CJ 1500 miles I would more than likely sell it at the far end and fly home, standing up.:D

$225 saved and if somehow someway something breaks…. Well, you got a trailer and truck to pull it home with. Priceless!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

and if somehow someway something breaks…. Well, you got a trailer and truck to pull it home with. Priceless!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You got that right.
For me the closest good place to wheel is 1 1/2 hours away the rest are 4 to 5. I always trailer mine, that's to far to walk or have to call someone.
The cj as come home broke few times already.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks