Axle Help

Axle Help
Look under my avatar. Where it say's images with a red #36. Click on that, You can see what Dana "60's" look like on a Jeep.

The 60's look awesome! But how hard is it to get 4.10 gears? Or are there axles that comes with 4.10 in them?

Some do some don't my 97' Ford F-350 4X4 came with 4.10's. My '68 M-725 came with 5.38's. You can put 4.10's in most axles. You may have change the carrier.

I have a '79 with a 20 rear and 30 front, running stock gearing and 33x14.50x15 super swampers, and it'll top out at 80mph.
I could stand to get lower gears for crawling, but that's about it. Yours with the Dana 300 should be good to go. I say run it like it is and get use to it or till it breaks.

Thats the new plan. Hahaha, well plus a solid axle kit for the rear. I do have a new question though. Will the 350 sbc and the 700R4 mated to the orig. NP208 fit under my CJ7 ? I know it's too long for the CJ5 . I would like to use it for now or untill I can stomach $550 for the adapter for the Dana 300 . What side is the transfer case on? (82 Blazer vs. 86 CJ7 )

Thanks for all your help. Everyone has been great!:chug:

What tranny is in it now? if it's an auto it's a GM Turbo 400 which should fit the 350 easy.
Might be bellhousing issues, not sure, it's been awhile.
The 700r4 is my fav trans but it's a little long for a jeep IMO.

350, GM Turbo 400 , Dana 300 , 1 piece axles in the 20 maybe weld the tubes and truss it.
It'll be good to go!

Are opposed to stick shift trannies? The Chevy SM465-Np205 combo is short bolts up to the SBC & is super strong. Also inexpensive, at least around here.

I'm not. Infact this will be my first automatic. Hahaha! I just got a great deal on a 82 K5 Blazer with a new built 350 & 700R4 and I heard good things about the setup. Again, Would like to save time and money if the NP208 will fit for now. If its not broke....don't fix it. Or try harder to break it!

I was just trying to help with the length issue.

I had an 88 K5 and it had 300k miles and still wouldn't die, 350, 700r4, NP-208.
One piece of advise, from the factory they doubled up on the springs in the trans to make it shift smoother, but it wears out 3rd, have a good trans shop single up on the springs or go with an aftermarket setup.

I hear ya LongHorn. If I had know about that option before, I might have gone that way. That sounds like a great setup. Thanks for the info. :D

So has anyone seen or used this combo in a jeep? And what mods needed to be done? (350 sbc, 700R4 and NP208)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks