Axle seal replacement

Axle seal replacement
$300 is about normal. Morris 350 and we get 10% off here at the site. No tax for you though and Qudratec is about the same. Summit is the cheapest but it will be 2 or more weeks before they get them in.

Superior and Mosser usually use better axle bearing also.

If by alloy your guy ment Alloy USA I would not go that way. I'm a tool maker by trade and a little pickey about quality. I spent a couple hours deburing the splines on the front axles I have from them, the ears didn't look so good either. But they haven't broke yet.

I just wanted to say that all turned out well. I replaced the axles and had a moderate amount of difficulty with some parts of it. Ended up pulling the whole assy out of the right side together, as the hub had no plans in coming off. I even bought the right hub puller to do it. Oh well, the left side came off easily, and I'm back on the road. Thanks to all that responded. I learned that much more about Jeep mania. :chug:

Great to hear that! And now you have a much better axle to wheel on! :)

Did you take any pics of the change over? How about a tech article write up... ;)

I just wanted to say that all turned out well. I replaced the axles and had a moderate amount of difficulty with some parts of it. Ended up pulling the whole assy out of the right side together, as the hub had no plans in coming off. I even bought the right hub puller to do it. Oh well, the left side came off easily, and I'm back on the road. Thanks to all that responded. I learned that much more about Jeep mania. :chug:

Glade to hear it's back on the road.

Now that you have the one piece axles, you won't need that hub puller anymore.:D

Old Dog he will need it (hub puller) when he helps a fellow Jeeper convert to one piece axles. :D

Tell ya what guys.... I dont know about writing a tech article, but I could possibly give it a try. And if anyone ever needs a hub puller, call me! I was out this morning installing a center console and while I was underneath, pulled the rest of the smog tubes going to the exhaust pipe. My Jeep is registered in another county where I will live most of the time. So emissions is not a concern.

Writing an article is just like writing a 'how to post'... Just lay out the steps... :)

Installing a console - pulling emissions... Only a CJ owner could come up with that combo! :laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom