Bad vibration above 1900

Bad vibration above 1900
I installed an Isky (Iskendarian) 262 cam in my 360. It has worked well for me, but I couldn't say it is better or worse than any other since I have only run this one.

The important thing to remember for a Jeep is that most people want to keep good low rpm torque and response. This means keeping the cam duration conservative.

The rv cams or torque cams are generally setup for a slightly longer duration than stock, but with increased lift. Isky offered a 256 or 262 duraton in their torque cams when I was shopping. I went with the 262, but either probably would have served me well. I likely get better high rpm performance with the 262, but I don't tend to rev it real high anyway.

Note that the advertised duration is different from the actual. Most technical specs will indicate a duration at .050 lift. The cam name and duration may be based on marketing. Also, the cam should be tuned to the rest of the engine. The intake, exhaust, etc should be optimized for the same rpm operation. The torque cams offer some extra power and still match the motor specs.

John

Wow, thanks! I have so many questions right now, thanks for taking the time to explain. I just don't know about what to do internally. .03 over, decked, pistons or just stay with your recommended cam.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom