Belizean’s after retirement excursions - took 40 years after buying my Jeep CJ7 off the truck.

Belizean’s after retirement excursions - took 40 years after buying my Jeep CJ7 off the truck.
Well it was Saturday, the last day in Moab. A “ light trail day “ and it pretty much was. There was probably a name to the trail but I’m not sure what it was. There were a couple of names I did write down. Tushers Tunnel. Dellenbaugh Tunnel or something like that. And Secret Spire. Actually a fun day. AF676BB7-5AF7-4B51-97F1-7BAF5DA0FBD2.jpeg76583C74-A00C-4151-B525-3FE1144E2D6D.jpeg

1912D3C5-7FF2-42E5-A11C-803AA65EB0AE.jpeg

773A577A-4C7F-43CD-BEFD-D642CF2487AC.jpeg

Last edited:
A few more. 0D7BE10B-E00D-4501-8B68-B775751FE225.jpeg586820B7-4763-41E4-B574-1D1CE07F112E.jpeg

229E2326-74A6-444A-8749-0EAE9934B103.jpeg

A few more. Seems like there is always someone trying to break things. Might as well join in. 001C5796-BEB2-4E17-8EC0-206AE9C33576.jpeg496967AE-D75E-483A-85D7-3F706E4100ED.jpegE2F6A722-AD6A-4385-8EEC-4AE53119C851.jpeg12EE3BCE-7150-41F1-BFE1-BD01335C6266.jpeg84710E5A-BC0A-4C65-BB98-AA1B482ACAD4.jpeg

I need to get out there. Even better if I can do it in my Jeep

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Good stuff!
I just got back from Moab this afternoon.
Always fun!

I’m curious as to what the temperatures were that you encountered ? Temp ranges.

50s in the early AM and highs in the upper 70s.
Was a bit cooler than normal though.
Forecast was 80s and low 90s starting tomorrow.

So anyway I don’t think we had any problems that day except maybe I think it was a mile outside the main part of Moab heading south to the campground. I think just before that we stopped at a parts store for a set of plugs. 2 days before we had stopped to get a new battery because I had forgotten to put my better battery in the Jeep before I had left home because of all the confusion and problems before leaving. Anyway again the Jeep just stalled. Frustrating because it had worked the whole day. So we put the new plugs in and finished packing it all up. Plan was to leave Moab and drive south to Albuquerque that evening. Well that plan hit the dumper and turned into a dumpster fire. More to come. I need to look for a fire extinguisher.

Tisk tisk tisk. You should always have a fire extinguisher in the Jeep. Just cause there's always a dumpster fire somewhere

Tisk tisk tisk. You should always have a fire extinguisher in the Jeep. Just cause there's always a dumpster fire somewhere

You ever had one go off by itself ?

Yup. But still better than having a fire and not having an extinguisher

I think i would poop myself if a fire extinguisher extinguished itself in my Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to get back to this. We left Moab on Saturday evening about 6pm. About an hour and 3/4 into the trip heading south towards Albuquerque the Jeep just died. Gert and I get out and start trying to figure out what’s going on. Pretty sure the pump was running and getting fuel. Looked and we were getting spark. Pulled one of the new plugs. Black. WTF we were tired and knew something was going on, just took out all the new plugs out. They were NGK. We put the Champion back in, got it started, but running rough. It was starting to get dark and sprinkling. So got back in and got going again. About an hour later same thing. Just died and wouldn’t start. Took the plugs out and they were black, maybe not as much but not good. We were right on the side of the road. Gert had a used set from his 360 and we put those in. Running rough, we got going again. This time we only got another 45 minutes before the same thing.

Last edited:
I think it was maybe 1 am and we were out of options. Raining and pretty chilly and the wind blowing some, we hooked a tow strap to the back axel of Gerts jeep that was strapped onto the trailer and began slowing pulling my Jeep down the hi way in the dark and rain in the middle of the Indian reservations. We did this for close to 2 hours. Not recommended, but little choice. Around 3 am we pulled into a small town gas station and parked for the rest of the night..

Last edited:
We never really slept at all, we were just cold and tired, worn out at this point, day 10 of the trip. We discussed the situation and I threw in the towel. I had AAA towing with 100 miles free. I started calling, they were having trouble getting a company to head up to the reservations

Last edited:
About 9am AAA called and said they had someone coming for the tow. By noon or there about we arrived at a Uhaul in Albuquerque and I was about to rent a truck and trailer for the ride home. Amarillo the first night, Dallas the second and home the 3rd afternoon. There were problems with the Jeep, but it also was a really great trip. Just part of the fun. 1 item checked off the bucket list. Moab, that had been on the bucket list for decades. I can laugh about it now. Especially when Vaughn and Gert asked me if I was going next year. I looked at them a little crazily and asked them, are you sure you even want me too ? Their answer was, That’s just Jeeps doing Jeep things. LMAO. Picture of the mule getting me home. 9EF6FB6E-166A-4F8A-A4BF-A77639F913CF.jpeg

Last edited:
After getting to Dallas that evening I got a set of new plugs and Gert installed a new tune to the Sniper he had gotten from one of the guys on the trip. We didn’t install that before going on the trip because months back he had problems doing that on his Sniper and had to send it back to Holley. 6 week week turnaround. Plugs and tune installed and it still did not start. Something else must be going on also. We closed the hood. We were tired and it was just time to go home and take a little rest and recuperation was needed, plus a little time to think about it.

Last edited:
Have you figured it out yet? I'm dying to know what the problem is

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks