Belizean’s after retirement excursions - took 40 years after buying my Jeep CJ7 off the truck.

Belizean’s after retirement excursions - took 40 years after buying my Jeep CJ7 off the truck.
Wondering if the sensor was really ever seated correctly into the manifold. After talking to a couple of people I filed down the shoulder area some. I then reinstalled the sensor and I’m pretty sure it’s seated now. I also borrowed an O2 socket from my friend and now thinking it’s good and tight. Time will tell, lately it hasn’t taken much of it so just need to get out there and test. 3A5746A2-C216-4E1F-B647-E1F54DA4CDDF.jpeg9E763E77-0546-40BE-8742-BD0865AF0796.jpegC8F24855-6A7E-4121-A747-3FD500CA9851.jpegAD12F9E0-B5A7-4204-8B56-00BEB490C334.jpegCA192F03-5BFF-4806-AB69-4A15105DDE30.jpeg

I did a weld in bung. dc3d81e4a6304ff6a3111ddaf93ec639.jpg7192b6714a6a537e83e4ef9b2c852dca.jpg

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m still considering that option if needed. I’ve never seen one before like yours that far down stream. I thought Holley recommendation was around 8” .

Yeah I’m still considering that option if needed. I’ve never seen one before like yours that far down stream. I thought Holley recommendation was around 8” .
I have headers mine 6-8" past the collector

I put this thread aside to read awhile ago cause I wanted it to build up. So glad I did. Sitting in the tent at camp getting rained on was the perfect time to sit back and read this. Definitely an enjoyable read

Use a spark plug washer on that sensor.
Add a dab of copper anti-seize on the threads.

Hey Lumpy. Glad you are still hanging around. Actually if you take a good look at the pictures of the sensor you can see it has a washer. My buddy who’s a master mechanic told me specifically not to use that cooper a s on the treads of that sensor. :chug:

It’s been raining a lot every day around here. Was finally able to take a nice ride this evening and I think the sensor is still working well. So hopefully I’m good to go.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I used high heat copper anti seize on everything. In fact I'm pretty sure new Bosch units come with it already on the threads

Last edited:
Even Autolite said don’t use on their spark plugs. My Bosch when new, I didn’t see anything on the threads.

It's under that clear cap typically it's grey in color

This is in the TeamRush ignition upgrade thread. It doesn’t say you can’t Go for it if you want

A5D3CF7D-9755-4F6A-8D2E-1C75A092DAEB.jpg

Information for all: If you paste a link to the actual post on a line by its self, an unfureled link will be created. You don't have to create a screen shot if you do not want to.

link example = https://jeep-cj.com/community/threads/teamrush-ignition-upgrade.11416/page-9#post-269524

Some manufacturers, like NGK, say that anti-seize is unnecessary and can be harmful. Others, like Bosch, recommend using a small amount of anti-seize at the base of the spark plug. If you do use anti-seize, you should apply it sparingly. Too much anti-seize can cause the plugs to stick in the cylinder, or it can foul the plug and lead to carbon buildup on the threads. Metallic-based anti-seize compounds can also spatter onto the insulator tip and cause misfires.

Really depends on your manufacturer. I tend to only use Bosch and AC Delco. I also don't gob it on really just a tiny bit on first few threads.

Glad you read the above, that’s what it explained, plus the threads and torque distortion problems.

Hey Lumpy. Glad you are still hanging around. Actually if you take a good look at the pictures of the sensor you can see it has a washer. My buddy who’s a master mechanic told me specifically not to use that cooper a s on the treads of that sensor. :chug:
Your buddy is mistaken.
You want the anti-seize. It helps with electrical contact and removal.
Same for spark plugs.
Can you bevel the opening some to clear the hex fittings of the sensor?

You must have missed my post with picture. O2 sensor seated and tightened down with that socket. Fixed I believe. I don’t need the anti seize for plugs or O2 sensor. I do use it in other areas on the Jeep

I only used anti seize on one spark plug. The plug closest to the firewall on an L-Head. Those that own them know.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom