Cavemans U.S. tour

Cavemans U.S. tour
Is there any chance you will taking the route that goes through Upper Michigan? We have a cabin in Northern Wisconsin, and our main home is in SE WI about half way between Madison and Milwaukee. Would enjoy meeting up with you on your way.

Sent from my front porch using Tapatalk
We're in Ohio now heading for Michigan.Will most likely be in lower Michigan some time tomorrow and are headed north. We don't have a specific route in mind. Just been talking back roads around the states. We would love to meet up with you and Bass if we can get our schedules together. I'm not sure when we'll be in Wisconsin but it shouldn't be too long.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Just put in another 5 hours of driving. We're in western Ohio. A little town called Van Wert. Not sure how little it is. They've got a Wal-Mart and this is where we'll be tonight. Lots of long straight roads around here. We drove for miles and saw nothing but farms, fields and silos. Wifey took a few pictures. I'll see if they will post up.
e3e0ec0ff2f9f39a0a7eeda1ca277c25.jpg

Just had to buy more padlocks for the trailer. Some twerp tried to steal the ramps while we were in the motorhome. I think I've got about $100 in locks now.

you should have tied the twerp to the ramp and dragged him for a few miles :)

Got to visit the Henry Ford museum yesterday. That s quite a place. Anybody that wants to visit there should plan on a full day or two if you're a slow walker I took a bunch of pictures but most came out like this. It's raining today and traveling north through Michigan. Hoping to meet up with oldjeeplady and Bass in a few days.
04f37c40514e18403865f6a5200ec5b1.jpg
17f8e99d1392cb413f42f2a309697694.jpg

I have a bunch more pictures of my fingers if anyone is interested.

Curious what engine you have in the camper and how is the pulling power and mileage? I'm also wondering how the camper will do in the mountains with power and braking. Thanks. Sounds like a great trip you are on !

The engine is the ford V10. It's not doing to bad for the load that it's hauling. I wish it was the IH diesel for the extra torque. I'm getting between 6 and 7 mpg with it. Braking could always be better. I drive it like a full size loaded truck. Trying to look ahead as far as possible and be ready for whatever may come along. I'm sure that I've got enough brakes as long as I pay attention. If I was going to do this again I think I would get a class A with a diesel.

I remember my in laws going all over the country with a 34 ft pace arrow with a 454 and a Datsun b210 behind and got pretty much 7-8 mpg whether up or down hill. Think they put 60-70 K miles on it

We heard from Caveman this morning. Really looking forward to meeting them later today in Northern Wisconsin.

Sent using Tapatalk

Please, post up some pictures. :notworthy:
:chug:
LG

What a nice visit we had with Caveman and his wife. Really great to meet them, and looking forward to seeing them in Silverton in August. Such nice folks!!
1f6442b15d60704d9f6f68defb2b262a.jpg
14d8d03682be6d09ae7251678b250dbd.jpg

Sent from Northern Wisconsin using Tapatalk

Wheeling today?

Wheeling today?
We wish... Only in the Walmart parking lot. Got a lot of looks, and someone with green CJ7 with nutmeg seats drove by and waved. We were hoping they could spend the night by us, but our driveway is too narrow and rutted up for their rig. Lots of heavy rain here recently. Caveman's jeep is really something to see in person.

Sent from Northern Wisconsin using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time finding places that I can post. This is the first time in quite a while. We had a good visit with Oldjeeplady and Bass the other day. I wished we had more time but the afternoon was getting on and we needed to find a place for the night. We crossed the Michigan Illinois state line this morning. SOUTHERN Michigan was beautiful. Rolling hills and corn and silos for as far as you could see. Going to try to post up a couple of pictures we took on our way out of Detroit last week.
f74d0813a6466dd3bbba58b6f4d8be63.jpg
fca73ac0f42bb25635de036a818f1ab0.jpg

Corn, corn and more corn. That about all we've seen for the last 3 days. And beans and silos. It's farm county here in central *Illinois. We crossed the Illinois river a while back and saw them loading a barge with grain. Pictures. It's hard to take pictures when driving. Wifey won't drive and isn't interested in Taking pictures of the same things I would want to post up. I'll get some sooner or later. We stopped at a Wal-Mart earlier today to pick up some supplies and milk was $.98 a gallon. I don't know what prices are elsewhere but back home it's about $4.00 a gallon.

Does anyone know what these are? The/ look like portapoties out in the fields.
fb4082ea049e8b783e56131fe4e12cb9.jpg
db91e97b52ad2427b18ff0f1b77d299d.jpg

Does anyone know what these are? The/ look like portapoties out in the fields.
fb4082ea049e8b783e56131fe4e12cb9.jpg
db91e97b52ad2427b18ff0f1b77d299d.jpg

They are portables for the workers to use for, well you know... ;) When you gotta go you gotta go!

It could be but some of them are cut in half like they were for midgets only.

It could be but some of them are cut in half like they were for midgets only.

Tornado shelter / outhouse combo in the ground so that they don't leave

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks