CJ spotted thread

CJ spotted thread
Commando looks 66-71
Never made a 54

Commando looks 66-71
Never made a 54

That was what the owner told me. Should have checked before posting.

by the house

Attachments

• 20171101_222610.jpg
    20171101_222610.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 144
That's a nice looking ride - Just never been a fan of the diamond plate stuff..... It's a distraction on that one.

My neighborhood is full of TJ's and JK's..... if a CJ ever went by the house I'd faint - then throw wrenches LOL (till I get mine back on the road)

Totally agree on the diamond plate. I always wonder if it just a cover up for damage of rust in a rust prone area LOL. I like the color combo on it though.

Mt CJ5 came with Aluminum Diamond plate. I'm not a fan either. but have never had the guts to remove it to find what's underneath it.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 79
out and about in the Springs

Attachments

• 20171102_150607.jpg
    20171102_150607.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 71
Mt CJ5 came with Aluminum Diamond plate. I'm not a fan either. but have never had the guts to remove it to find what's underneath it.

Ya know - there’s a part of me that thinks the exterior of the Willys would be cool smoothed up and clear coated. I kinda like the weathered look....

As for the diamond plate - I’d be leery of removing it as well. It’s probly the lid to a Pandora’s box

Sent from my gas grille using Tapatalk

I'm partially with you on the clear coat. I've spent a couple days buffing her out. The old girl was all sunbaked dusty paint before. Haven't touched the grill yet, you can see the difference in the picture. Up close there actually is a little shine to the paint. I'm going back and forth on he paint, the stripes of a poor rattle can paint job bother me some. Doesn't stop me from falling deeply in like of her though. The PPO added the letters ANNE to the grill, the name really does go nicely with the over all feel of the Wagon. I might just have to keep the name Anne.

I didn’t realize it was rattle can remnants..... original paint worth salvaging?

Can't exactly work out what the original color was, I think it was green, but the best paint appears to be an Ivory or very light tan. I really like the tan.

Maybe you could work it down to that..... I like it as well.

Plastidip sprays on really nice on the diamond plate to cover up the shiny aluminum look and will make it less annoying. I did it on a rocker set and really liked the outcome.

Attachments

• CJ5.1.JPG
    CJ5.1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 98
Saw this one in Thornton by my shop

Attachments

• E707C20F-7CA1-4411-AFE5-45DEA283BC2E.jpg
    E707C20F-7CA1-4411-AFE5-45DEA283BC2E.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 88
Not a cj but spotted this Fj40 at the mall this weekend has some rust bubbling up on the body and some Canadian stickers on it so it looks like it might have traveled a few miles, also has my favorite winch on it to
d00fa14293478c7ff3d234057ea2a930.jpg

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

That is at least a 1977, FJ-40 with the flip out windows.
Bought my FJ-40 new in '77 and sold it to buy my CJ in 1985.
FYI-The winch(8274)you see on my Jeep, came from my FJ-40. :D
LG

My brother had one of those FJ wagon versions in 75 he bought used with a Chevy 350. That was a pretty pretty cool vehicle

Don't see many CJs actually on the road around here. For that matter, YJ Wranglers are kinda scare around here too, but still easier to find than a CJ.

There's a severely jacked up CJ7 that looked to have had a monster truck for a daddy that I see go by the house every couple of months or so. Loud V-8, dark primer grey body and hard top. Actually, it's kind of ragged looking, but it's not mine so....

There was a late burgundy CJ5 Renegade that was out in a yard a couple of towns over for sale a couple of months ago. Never had the time to stop and it's gone now.

About a mile from there, is a major project of what I believe to be a CJ8 going by the half hard top and CJ7 type door cutouts. It's in a pile of junk up against a building and I haven't been able to get a good look at it from the road. But from I can see, I'm pretty sure it's missing some major pieces.

A CJ7 under a shed easily spotted from the road about 3 miles from here with a "Not For Sale" sign on the drivers door. It's been setting there for several years now and has the dust to prove it.

Finally there's later AMC type CJ5 under an awning in Ripley TN visible from US 51. It's another that when I go through there I don't have time to check out. But's it's been there for the past couple of years at least and I've never not seen there when going through.

A shame they can’t be put back in service.....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom