Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please

Build Thread CJ7 restoration in progress- Advice please
Hey bullseye, great rig and build! No matter how good the jeep I would go a little nuts if it were above my Lamborghini! ;)

Are you in Chicago still?

Hey bullseye, great rig and build! No matter how good the jeep I would go a little nuts if it were above my Lamborghini! ;)

Are you in Chicago still?

Especially with the universal that drips a tear from time to time.... I am still in Chicago loving this city.

Thanks for the compliments.

Just read thru your whole build. That's a nice looking Jeep. Nice cars in the trailer too when you had it shipped.

Where did you get the stainless dash? And do you remember if it had the reinforcements on the back side where the heater cables go thru and across the bottom edge? One last question about it. Around the glove box hole, is it rolled or is the opening cut to a blunt edge? Thanks!

Where did you get the stainless dash? And do you remember if it had the reinforcements on the back side where the heater cables go thru and across the bottom edge? One last question about it. Around the glove box hole, is it rolled or is the opening cut to a blunt edge? Thanks!

1) 4wd.com
2) I gotta get back to you on this one. I have to recheck my project pics and/or reach my hand up there and see.
3) There is a rolled portion seen in this pic

Pic of Jeep Dash (Without Radio Opening)
images.ashx

Jeep Dash
Kentrol Part 30565 - Dash Panel with Radio Opening

Dash Cover
Kentrol Part 30521 - Gauge Cover

Last edited:
And do you remember if it had the reinforcements on the back side where the heater cables go thru and across the bottom edge? One last question about it. Around the glove box hole, is it rolled or is the opening cut to a blunt edge? Thanks!

1 pic showing the glove box
1 pic showing the L bend in the base of the dash and the small lip on the top.

Headed down now to see what I can find out about the reinforcements...

2335d1265946971-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_1093.jpg

2334d1265946971-cj7-restoration-progress-advice-please-img_1092.jpg

And do you remember if it had the reinforcements on the back side where the heater cables go thru and across the bottom edge?

So these are the pics I just took. The first 2 are of the 3 heater cables. Not sure what exactly you mean by reinforcements, but you can definitely see there is a channel strip that I imagine is a stiffener for the entire dash.

If you mean for the actual heater cables themselves, then no there is not.

The other 2 pics are the indicators that light up to the right (on the front side) of the heater cables.

Hope this helps.

I just wanted to say thanks for your thread. I am about to start a complete teardown of my 83 CJ7 with my two boys and have been researching the best possible routes to take. As this is my first complete teardown, of course the more I learn ahead of time the better!! Watching the progress of your work has really helped me in my preparations!! Thanks!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom