Convert to EV?

Convert to EV?

62FJ3

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'62 FJ-3 Fleetvan - Engine in pieces, in the back. (ugh)
I just purchased a 62 FJ-3 Fleetvan and will be taking delivery of it this weekend. I realize this isn't necessarily a CJ, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction if this has already been discussed.

The previous owner removed the engine and I think I'd rather just convert the truck to be an electric vehicle. Making it an EV would be perfect because the most miles this will see is maybe 5-6 per day. Just curious if anyone has ever attempted such a thing on one of these trucks. I've been searching, but haven't found any hints of such a project.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to being a part of the Jeep community, even if I'm riding in the funny-looking van.

Welcome to te site. I don't know if anyone here has done something of this magnitude, but it sounds like a novel idea. I know there are plenty of vehicles that have been home converted to an EV, and I would think that the general idea would be the same. I hope you are a good fabricator, cause I am certain there will be a significant amount of custom parts to be made. If you decide to do it, we would love to see it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom