did the team rush

did the team rush

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
what a difference. it starts easier, runs smoother. i love it. now next on the list the stealth gm module.

And how extensive did you go? That can mean different things to different people...

I changed to an aftermarket dist and other parts years ago...

How about a detailed parts list so some of the newbie Jeep owners can get an idea of what you are talking about... :)

i did it a littler cheaper than most people do it. i kept my stock coil for now. but when i get the msd blaster 2 i wont have to change my coil wire, just the pos and neg going to the coil no biggy. now the parts list. i work at advance auto so everything came from there. everything i got was from a 79 ford f150 300cid. i didnt uses the brass terminal cap and rotor. i never had luck with them. i always got bad carbon build up on my chevys with them. so all parts are stock.

rotor# d219z

cap#c193z

cap adaptor # c193a

wires#96171

alot of people do the e-coil. i didnt have enough $$$$ or time to build a bracket to mount it. if you go with the blaster 2 coil you can use your stock bracket.

Last edited:
I use a blaster 2 coil on my CJ. A great coil!

Good information and thanks for sharing...

no problem. heres a pic with napa#s. you can use this numbers and go to any parts store and they can cross them.
IgnitionUpgrades.jpg

Last edited:
here is a pic of the ecoil bracket if you want to make one and go with that coil.
E-CoreBrkt.jpg

When I did my rebuild I scrapped everything BUT the stock dist. and plugged in a full Jacobas ignition system with Clifford 6=8 upgrades and a Webber carb. It was like I put a friggin V8 in it. My plugs are gapped at .052

when i have the money, i want to get a webber carb.

I used the mount from a spare E-coil I picked up at a J/Y to mount my blaster coil.

I have the AMC 304 in my 7. I did the same using the 84 f350 w/460 parts. Used e-coil and found an msd6a for $40. WOW. Starts fast and actually feels like a v8. Also smoothed out the idle. Gapped plugs to .050

my wife is so sweet. she bought me the blaster2 coil. bad thing was i had to do the dishes to get it.:eek:

I've got the Mopar FI on mine, big difference:D

Depends on what they had for dinner!:D

good thing we have a dishwasher.lol

well i got the blaster 2 on yesterday before the snowstorm.:mad: the only problem i had was i put the coil wire on and it kept popping off. the is a screw in the coil tower. i loosen it up a little and the wire stayed on. how far can you loosen that screw? i dont want to take it out to far and not have the coil work.

Are you talking about the screw that holds the terminal in? The one that is accessible by looking directly down from the top (in the center)?

The one inside the tower where the red arrow is pointing.

attachment.php

I did the msd blaster 2 high vibration coil, it cost 8 bucks more, but i figure it's worth it. I also got metal braided 8mm wire and some ngk Iridium IX plugs, runs like a beast now, just need the ignition box and distributor, then i'll be set.

Are you talking about the screw that holds the terminal in? The one that is accessible by looking directly down from the top (in the center)?

The one inside the tower where the red arrow is pointing.

attachment.php

yep thats the one im talkin about.

I'll have to look at mine but I wouldn't loosen that screw. I believe it holds the terminal to the secondary winding of the coil...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom