engine quits under load.

engine quits under load.
thank God I don't have any of that smog :dung: on my jeep. I've always hated that stuff and this is why. My problem was timing too, we set it at factory spec 8 btdc

maybe try checking/adjusting timing. Like I said before, I got rid of the sputtering problem when I set to 9 btdc. But now Ive got pinging. Since I have all the CA smog :dung: still on with the carter bbd, stepper, etc my pinging issue is most likely something in that stuff. Sometimes people in CA tweek timing, mixture to get it to pass the smog checks, while sacrificing performance, then when the vehicle ;leaves CA youve gotta try to find and undo those adjustments.

thanks! i will check it out cause yea i had some bad problems with the smog :dung: ( backfire prevention :dung: that didnt do its job, air pump, and tons of hoses) but once ripped off it helped a great deal. and yea i would say the smog stuff for sure has something to do with the pinging:chug:

Here are a couple of things to check that hav'nt been mentioned (that I saw)...
Carb rebuilt...but did you replace all vaccume lines? could be collapsing under suction.
Vaccume advance unit might not be functioning well?
This was a problem I had....timing adjusted-AMC 304 ran GREAT....timing would change, I adjust again-would run great...finnally the distributor gear sheared away while going 70 mph (big bang when dizzy stopped turning and loaded one spark plug)...so, pull the distributor and check condition of the drive gear on the end for unusual wear....good luck with it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom