Having trouble with my truck avenger carb

Having trouble with my truck avenger carb
I don't have any constructive input on making the carb run better. Everyone I know that has bought that carb, has had nothing but problems. And all of them have had issues offroad.
If you decide not to run that carb, consider the MC2100. It is an excellent carb and was stock on AMC 304 /360/401's. I run it on a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l currently and have had it on a AMC 304 .

1st off I never said it would'nt work Holley tech did Call holley and ask them ,thats what the tech told me you wont have enough air flow . ok you have a 470 at wide open throttle it flows 470 cfm ? so by rejetting a carb does it stay a 470 cfm ? No, you make the carb flow less cfm so now is that still a 470 carb or is it now smaller . yes the body is still a 4bbl but doesnt flow like a 2bbl would ? .Holley Performance Products 470 CFM Four Barrel Carburetor*0-90470 I never had any problems with my 670 on my amc 360 never had any problems out wheeling with it on any hills or angle . Why would you want any fuel dumping out your exhaust ?

Hi - I have found that carbs are fairly sensitive devices. Besides the overall airflow in cfm, the metering circuits are calibrated for a range of engine displacement. I suspect the 470cfm metering is overwhelmed by the AMC 304 and tries to add more fuel to compensate. This is done by the midrange fuel circuit and is not part of the main jet circuit. In other words, you can't get there from here.

The 670cfm should work great if you get it tuned right. I don't understand what is going on when you say fuel is running out the pipes.

These carbs should run out of the box. They may need to be tuned, but I would expect it to be in the ballpark.

John

Thanks :). Tuning motor it backfired once so I had changed powervalve. Holley tech said bad powervalve told him it was new he said I didn't get the gasket seated proper then and was causing it to flood out , sure enough gskt wasn't seated poper fix it and. No fuel out pipes now .The holley tech recomfirmed that it would run to rich on a AMC 304 . My 670 trk avenger on my 74 360 works awesome in my opinion

Just to throughout more confusion. I have the Spring 2010 4WD catalog and it has a note under the 470 and 670 Truck Avenger carbs stating that “The AMC 304 will need a bigger camshaft, headers and aftermarket intake manifold……” It does not state which carb, 470 or 670, and no mention of this on the Holley site today that I saw, so has something changed? Don’t know.

Yes our AMC 304 isn't stock a stock AMC 304 is built retarded from factory 5 degrees or 10 for California .you even have to change to a different timing chain and gear with advanced slots then use either your minus 10 or 5 mark as your zero so u can run your motor advanced . You would be asking alot for a stock 1978 AMC 150 hp AMC 304 to run a 670 on it

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom