Heater Core Water lines

Heater Core Water lines
:agree:^^^

It doesn't matter.
WHAT?! We've been agonizing this important issue and you say it doesn't matter? Oh, man, what's next--I'm gonna be told that high-back seats are better than low-backs?

WHAT?! We've been agonizing this important issue and you say it doesn't matter? Oh, man, what's next--I'm gonna be told that high-back seats are better than low-backs?
Yep they are, it's all pretty easy its just a Jeep. And you think this is a important issue :eek:

In order to "burp" the system of air more easily, the direction of flow to the heater core should be from bottom to top. Otherwise the water bubbles with be like salmon going up stream and if there is a lot of air in the system, it's going to take some time to get it all out.

I was taught my whole life: bottom in top out

Temp wise no difference how you mount them. But over the years some vehicles would have a gurgling sound from behind the dash due to the water cooling and contracting then cavitating so now we have two different size lines to keep the gurgling in check... More useless info from the dad files.

Temp wise no difference how you mount them. But over the years some vehicles would have a gurgling sound from behind the dash due to the water cooling and contracting then cavitating so now we have two different size lines to keep the gurgling in check... More useless info from the dad files.

That explains the "crimped" connection on my heater core, it looks factory.

Since we have beat this into the ground already:chug: I ran into a issue I'd like you guys take on - while I was replacing my hoses I found the water pump outlet was larger than the other ports, I think my hose was 5/8's and the outlet seems to be 3/4...
The PO had 2 pieces of hose coupled together with a piece of galvanized pipe:confused: I assumed it was just another cheap pos repair but now I see the hoses are different sizes, surely this isnt normal

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom