Holley Offroad Truck Avenger 470cfm

Holley Offroad Truck Avenger 470cfm
I have been gone a while:dung: but i have an update on my carb issue. I ended up after more research getting the Edlebrock Offroad Thunder Series Carb:dbanana: for my cj and so far it has worked great. I am glad to be back.

They want you to buy the bigger and more expensive 670 and then buy all of the jets and springs to tune it down to where it will run right.

The 470 is just fine for a AMC 304 . It can even work reasonably well on a 360 if you tune it right.

I really wish Holley would make a 570 TA. That would be just about perfect for the 360 in my J10.
+1

In very general terms lest someone spank me, the higher cfm is for high RPM. I can't imaging on a small V8 it would make any difference unless you're really wringing it out.

+1

In very general terms lest someone spank me, the higher cfm is for high RPM. I can't imaging on a small V8 it would make any difference unless you're really wringing it out.

Yep. The only time you need a big carb on a small V8 is when you're running really high RPM. The Chevy 302 in the early Z28 cars had very high compression and an aggressive solid lifter cam that let it run over 7K RPM. It took advantage of the 800 CFM Holley they put on it.

But a CJ AMC 304 with a mild hydraulic lifter cam and moderate compression that probably won't run over 5K RPM doesn't need much in the way of a carburetor. A 470 is more than enough.

I have been gone a while:dung: but i have an update on my carb issue. I ended up after more research getting the Edlebrock Offroad Thunder Series Carb:dbanana: for my cj and so far it has worked great. I am glad to be back.

Let us know if you have any issues with that carb, I know I'd be curious to hear them.. so, what is your engine set up again, by the way?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom