How to mount the " Best winch ever"

How to mount the " Best winch ever"
I moved mine out 3" and ran the 1/2" mounting plates through the 2"x4" tube. Added a 1/4" plate on. She can really take a side pull. Plenty of room to the radiator. I left the ends open and they work great for putting the Hi-Lift in the ends. Keeps them pretty stable too. Don't scratch the POR while jacking either. That other 1/4" plate in the rear is the MORE shackle reverse plate.

front3.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:
is the picture posted in your gallery??

I moved mine out 3" and ran the 1/2" mounting plates trough the 2"x4" tube. Added a 1/4" plate on. She can really take a side pull. Pleanty of room to the radiator. I left the ends open and they work great for putting the Hi-Lift in the ends. Keeps them pretty stable too. Don't scratch the POR while jacking either. That other 1/4" plate in the rear is the MORE shackle reverse plate.

So how does one make the photo bigger? Not just a thumb.

anything over 1/2 inch I use hole saws, I have an ongoing love affair with my drill press.:cool: do be careful with the 1/2 inch drill motor, they can put up a hell of a fight when they hang. I know you are aware of this, just a friendly reminder.:cool: I have found it difficult to operate a beer bottle with a sprained wrist.:chug:

I wanted to, but I had no 3/4 drill bit, got that now
those mounts are an extension of the 1/4 inch brackets to mount the bumper, I cut strait through the square tube and welded the1/4 inch through front and back, then doubled the front and cut it to shape. So you see I kinda was stuck needing to double the steel before drilling. once on I decided it was going be a chore to drill it and I would deal with it late, I can use the receiver for a recovery point till then.

twist top bottles
Good ole Miller High Life

being an electrician, my hole saws are all in sizes of the actual fitting hole. So if I need a hole for 1/2", we drill a 7/8s" and so on. I think a 7/:chug:8s would be the ticket as it will not twist my arm off. great idea thanks

I moved mine out 3" and ran the 1/2" mounting plates through the 2"x4" tube. Added a 1/4" plate on. She can really take a side pull. Plenty of room to the radiator. I left the ends open and they work great for putting the Hi-Lift in the ends. Keeps them pretty stable too. Don't scratch the POR while jacking either. That other 1/4" plate in the rear is the MORE shackle reverse plate.

half inch, wow that is bullet proof.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom