I need an engine!

Nice , a detailed build thread for the engine alone please :D
Well, snagged the 401. Good price and the best part is that he will meet me half way so I only have to drive about 2 hrs!

I have a complete 401, and a Continental V-12 sittin on a pallet at my uncles garage. I have had them for years, just sitting there. I should do something with them at some point....

Congratulations, don't forget to do the oiling modification to save those rear main bearings.:cool:

I have a complete 401, and a Continental V-12 sittin on a pallet at my uncles garage. I have had them for years, just sitting there. I should do something with them at some point....

Sure... Now you tell me!

Congratulations, don't forget to do the oiling modification to save those rear main bearings.:cool:

Yep - same thing I did to the 390...

Did you do just the rear main mod, or did equalize the galleries & crossdrill the crank too?

Did you do just the rear main mod, or did equalize the galleries & crossdrill the crank too?
The crank is cross drilled and knife edged and the mod was done from the front to the rear gallery boss..

Why?? you wanna put that old Conti in there???:D It came out of an American LeFrance ladder truck. I have no idea what to do with it, but man it sure looks cool.

A V12 in a CJ that would be a torque monster :eek:
I wonder if I could stretch the frontend out that far :rolleyes:

I wanna see the build thread. How long will the nose be , or how far inside the tub will the V-12 reside? Pics , Pics , I can hardly wait. :laugh::laugh:
Why?? you wanna put that old Conti in there???:D It came out of an American LeFrance ladder truck. I have no idea what to do with it, but man it sure looks cool.

Naw, Put it in the back of a CJ6 or a CJ8 !:grinjeep:

Those 12's are the friggin bomb. Ever been to a tractor pull and hear one get up on point? Pure awesomeness.....:cool: :notworthy: One of my buddies has a fully operational Alison V-12 in his garage.

I have now made arrangements and I'm picking the 401 up over the Memorial Day weekend... I even took a few days off just to be sure I can get it! Woo Hoo!

Congrats Sir. Seriously though do you ever work?? :laugh:
I have now made arrangements and I'm picking the 401 up over the Memorial Day weekend... I even took a few days off just to be sure I can get it! Woo Hoo!

Saturday at 9 AM I'll be in Crystal River FL putting my engine on a trailer...

By 1:00 PM I plan on being at 12,000 feet jumping out of an airplane!!!! Hee Haw!!! Who's with me??? :eek:

By 1:00 PM I plan on being at 12,000 feet jumping out of an airplane!!!! Hee Haw!!! Who's with me??? :eek:

Now why and the hell would you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane

Airborne! My highest jump was 42,500 ft. Ya gotta love that :dung:!!!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks