I need an engine!

No luck in the yards?
To bad your not local to me there are about dozen AMC types in the local yard.
I know a couple have to be 401's.

I'll get that when I get home from work...
FWIW, crazedlist only works on non-IE platforms like firefox.

EDIT, and your search is tons better than crazedlist, don't bother loading it. :laugh:

Last edited:
FWIW, crazedlist only works on non-IE platforms like firefox.

EDIT, and your search is tons better than crazedlist, don't bother loading it. :laugh:
LOL - What I meant is I would get the 'Name' for you when I got home... You already have it and as you stated - it works great!

Well, I take what I said back... That is not what I use. I use Cragslist Reader (free version) by CraigsPal. It's not browser dependent and runs as a stand alone application.

-->> Download CraigsPal | CraigsPal

I have a very good AMC 360 with all accessories ( a/c compressor, p/s pump, alternator, etc) with an automatic trans attached. It is out of a '77 Matador. The price is $500., subject to prior sale. It has been on a shelf for ten years inside.

Tel: 513-221-4140

Dieter Schmied

Thanks Dieter and welcome to the site! :chug:

While I appreciate the offer I'm dead set on a 401, I want the forged crank and rods...

Well... I found this in C FL not to far from my Brother... I have contacted the owner and have a reply, now to decide if it's feasible or now... :)

AMC 401 engine

He says its an AMC motor that originally came from an International??? I didn't think the bolt pattern interchanges between the 2 families.
I know a AMC 304 International is NOT the same as a AMC 304 ..a buddy of mine tried to install one in his CJ7 and got as far as pulling the 2 engines.

Re-reading the ad, I guess maybe that International used an AMC engine that one year?

AMC 304 is a lot larger externally than a AMC engine. They in no way interchange. the AMC 304 International is related to the 345-392 truck engine family.

Last edited:
That is a great looking Wagoneer... I don't think I could bear to part that one out!

Well, snagged the 401. Good price and the best part is that he will meet me half way so I only have to drive about 2 hrs!

COOL! Can't wait for that build...

I may have a line on one myself, If I can talk the guy into selling just his parts truck

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom