Locker Opinions Please

Locker Opinions Please

magneto steve

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, stock 258, no mods yet, and NO RUST :P
I would like your opinion on what lockers to put in my 83 CJ7 . It will be a daily driver, and since I'm in Mississippi, no rock crawling for me. However, we do have some serious mud around here. Luckily, I have access to all of the Eaton lockers at cost as I'm an Eaton employee for a different division. So if you could choose between the Detroit Locker, Detroit Truetrack, Eaton Posi, or ELocker, Which would you choose. I plan to keep the Dana 30 and AMC20 . The Elocker is not available for the Model 20. Thanks for your opinion. :)

Ice or snow? If not - I stand by my Detroits. They always work and are bullet proof.

I prefer selectable lockers - best of both worlds. Locked for off-road for the best traction. Unlocked for the street.

If you have a DD, maybe try a Limited slip such as the truetrack.

I prefer Detroits, however they can be an acquired taste on road, any full time locker or auto locker in the rear will be such. If you want it to be invisible than a selectable would be the ticket.
OK, so mud is the major thing, what about a Limited slip like a Trutrac? It is a geared LS and has quite the following, it is not a locker but is a great unit as it is one of the best Limited slips on the market and is invisible on the road.
this means it is not as expensive as an autolocker, lots less expensive than a selectable locker, and would work when you need it and not be known it was there unless you needed it. However being a LS it is not a locker and takes a few seconds to "spool up" when needed.
Hope this helps.

I have a detroit locker in the rear and a true trac in the front of mine.
I'm not a big fan of how the locker handles on the road.
The LS is not always the best off road, but we play in the rocks not in the mud.
I plan on changing over to selectables when I can. ;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom