MC 2100 question

mighty

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82' Cj7
360 with 400 turbo and Dana 300
Gotpropane.com kit
D44's with detroit locker in rear and limited slip in front.
custom cage
Myh 82 CJ7 has a 360 in it now! It has a 4 barrle elderbrock right now and it freekin sucks on off camber and rock climbing. Please dont flame me but can some one give me a link to the MC 2100 I need, or info for my motor. Im learnin so bare with me.
Or if you think the Truck avenger is better give me a link to that one.

Ive researched and they both are great but Im learnin!

Here is the real deal. I like being diffrent. My uncle and all the other guys drive newer wranglers and cherokees and Im tired of them saying Im stupid. Well brass taxes is I always wanted a CJ7 with a v8 and automatic and I got one. I can pull off stuff they cant sometimes if I can keeop it runnin. I love my CJ I just need some help. Thanks:chug:

Hey Mighty, :ww:

As for the Carb. Both have got great reviews and info on this site in previous threads... They're both great carbs. The MC2100 is supper easy to rebuild and tune. Not so familar with a 4 barrel option, you may have to adapt the intake manifold down to a 2 to run off road. When you want to go balls out in the sand or something without hills then throw the 4 barrel back on for the trip.

Anyways, If you go to the Google search link at the top right of the site and type MC2100 you'll find A LOT of threads on both of them actually, as they are usually mentioned together...

Not flaming you :cool: just letting you know that's where i found a lot of info when i was looking...

Also fill out your profile page so ou don't have to repeat what your working n every post. :D

:chug: Cheers,
~ JR

Yep, the MC2100 is a two barrel carb. IIRC, the Motor Craft four barrel you;ll need is an MC4100 or MC4300. I personally have never seen one (never really looked) though I know they exist.

Thanks guys for the reply's. I guess what I meant by the 4 barrle option is the truck avenger. I know alot of folks are runnin the Truck avenger and the mc2100.

Ive searched and Ive read till Im blue,. A guy absorbs so much that it backfires,lol. I apreciate the help.

1. I think after absorbing and sleeping on this I need a MC 2100 off of a 70-78 ford pick up.
2. I need to make sure lil metal tag is on it so I can get the right kit to rebuild it and figure out the best float settings.
3. And I need the right Mr gasket adapter off the wall at Oreilly's.
4.I need to put it on and have the time of my life:chug:

I had read a few posts about CFM rating and Jet sizes that are best too... Most of them were for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I-6 Motor (1.08 stamped on side w/ 46-48 jets), so i was guessing on my AMC 304 's needs... (I'm currently using the 1.08 stamped one, not sure jet size yet as i have no tag on either of mine & haven't taken it apart yet.. :rolleyes:)

But basically, I think you've got it...:D As far as CFM and jet sizes though I'm feeling your "Ive searched and Ive read till Im blue,. A guy absorbs so much that it backfires" statement... I'm right there with ya man... :cool:

Check elwood blues post out on here: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/mc-2100-a-3669/ Good CFM info... Those would be corresponding numbers from the carb stamped numbers.

I've heard good things about the truck avenger carb, Have no experience myself with it, but from what i hear they are a little more tricky to rebuild / set up. But work great off road too...

I think when i hit the jackpot, or quit spending more than i make each week... I'll get a 4 barrel intake so i can run a big 4 barrel carb when beach playing / flat ground and adapt down to a 2 barrel for climbing / mountain & highway mileage.. But not sure yet how "good" of an idea that will be... :rolleyes:
Either way :chug:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/cfc42c48-192b-4dc8-85bd-afe6ba552f87/MC2100-5 also thanks to elwood blues
~ JR

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom