Mini Spool

Mini Spool

jwill22

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 Cj-7, rebuilt 258i, Carb-Motorcraft 2150, TFI ignition, T-176, Dana 300, dana 30 in front, Rear Dana 44, 4in lift, 33in tires, 4:10 gears
any body ever use one in their rear axle? whats the good and downside to having one of these installed, I'm contemplating to put one along with a lock right in front?

Not streetable
get a auto locker instead if you want that kind of performance and will be on the street.
I run a Detroit

even when i have my 4x4 disengaged, it wouldnt work on the street?

The down sides are that it uses your stock (weak) carrier and dose NOT disengage going around corners.
I believe Baja was also talking about the rear mini spool.

so if i use the mini spool in the rear it wont allow me to drive my jeep on the street?

You can drive it where ever you want... :) The diff will have no wheel slip ability - think of what it would be like if your axles welded directly to each other. ;)

it won't turn well, you'll get that annoying tire squeal, can be a little dangerous in the rain, will be downright dangerous in the snow, you won't like it for street use at all. get you an auto locker like baja said, you get the same performance off road but its alot more street-able. if you don't have the coin for a detroit you can buy auto lockers that just replace the spider gears like the mini-spool, they generally run around $300

would a lock right be something you guys are talking about?

I have the rear of mine welded solid, so it acts exactly like a spool. I drive it on the street whenever I can. Sure there a couple downsides, but its not a totally non-driveable option. Rain, shine, no problem. Haven't tried it lately in the snow, not a lot of it in OK. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom