Motor craft 2100 upgrade

Motor craft 2100 upgrade
2-3/4 turns is TOO FAR. A good starting point is 1-1/2 turns out. 2-3/4 turns will make it idle very rich unless the jets are badly varnished.

You can cap off the CTO switch until you've got this problem ironed out, but then you really oughtta' plumb it back in afterwards. You can cap off the line running to the EGR for now (lots of folks run without one, although it makes a lot of difference in emissions).

Have we checked the EGR to verify that it's not leaking exhaust gas back into the intake at idle? You can reach up underneath it with your fingertips to actuate it (lift the diaphragm) at idle... it SHOULD make the motor run a lot worse when you do that. If not, it needs to be replaced.

The PCV isn't - by most definition - a real "vacuum" hose; it delivers "soft" vacuum to the PCV valve to sweep away crankcase gases. You can temporarily cap that off, too, if we're down to that... but if the crankcase is closed, the PCV isn't likely to be the issue in this case.

I dont have a brake booster. The choke is a manual pull. I know i need one for the PCV and one for the dist advance. But can i just cap off the CTO switch(for some reason its only a two port?) and the EGR valve? I left the mixture screws at about 2 3/4 turns out.

mine are 2 turns out. it dont like any more or less.

Laney668 - I have 3 vacuum lines attached to my 2100 carburetor area. One to the distributor, one to the brake booster and one to the PVC.

vacuum_lines_to_carb.jpg

im gonna try and rerun my lines tonight to see what happens. I was thinking about getting a painless wiring harness and a new distributor. I forgot to mention a while back the jeep actually caught on fire. the battery came out of the tray and busted a hole in the fuel line. So i think something might be wrong in the wiring harness as well any thoughts?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom