My soon to be lack of activity.

She came out of surgery OK. They ended up removing her complete left pectoral muscle because of the proximity to some lymph nodes (sp?)... :(

Just got done with a few hours of sleep and I'm heading back to the hospital - 4 hour drive... :(

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts!

Glad she made it out ok. Sorry to hear about her pec's...kinda seems strange to me, but I'm not a Doc, and I'm sure it is in her best interest.
I hope she recovers quickly! :)

Glad she made it out ok. Sorry to hear about her pec's...kinda seems strange to me, but I'm not a Doc, and I'm sure it is in her best interest.
I hope she recovers quickly! :)
You know I though removing the complete muscle was weird also! I thought that she wouldn't be able use her left arm after that - boy was I wrong. Seems there are so many minor muscles around the pec that she has no problem lifting her arm and moving it all around. It hurts a lot and she gets tired easy but that is understandable...

We had a walk today to the end of the hallway and watched the construction workers for about 1/2 hour. We had a birds eye view from the 11th floor. We could see the crane operator very well... :)

CJ Just came across this thread. I'm very happy to hear things turned out well for your mom. Tell her to listen to her phys therapist no matter how evil they seem and she'll be hanging drywall before you know it.:cool:

Well, I did my penance and stayed with my Mother for the last five day / nights... :)

She is doing better then expected and now my Aunt has taken over 'caregiver' duties!

I'm home! :)

I had a really good time and the best thing is that so did my Mother... :) Whew! I'm glad it's over though! :laugh:

Your Mom will be in my families thoughts and prayers. Wish you both the best.

X2 on that CJ, my Mom had breast cancer & skin cancer. She beat them both. As my grandmother used to say "The good Lord will'in & the creek don't rise".

Good to have you back, glad everything went well with mom.

wait.....you were gone??? :D

Glad to hear mom is well enough to kick you out!

Well, she started her chemo therapy last week. :mad:

Looks like she will loose all her hair.. :(

So! I'm heading down for her next session (11-19-09) and my Brother and I are going to shave our self's bald! LOL :laugh:

I haven't been smooth since the early 80'; when I was drunk, dumb and stupid!

Anyway... It's for my Mother and I would take a bullet for her! :)

You Sir are a good son ..

Tell your Mom that a "ghost" from one of your "other sites" wishes her well and Godspeed. Y'all are all in my thoughts and prayers !

On a lighter note :
Funny thing! That's my Birthday! :) 47 and going strong! Hu Rah!
Happy Belated B-Day mang !

;)

God bless her. Shaving is a great idea. Im sure just having you both there will be alot of help for her also. Coming from someone who lost his mother early and didnt get to say goodbye , cherish the moment. Enjoy your time with her and she is in my prayers.
Well, she started her chemo therapy last week. :mad:

Looks like she will loose all her hair.. :(

So! I'm heading down for her next session (11-19-09) and my Brother and I are going to shave our self's bald! LOL :laugh:

I haven't been smooth since the early 80'; when I was drunk, dumb and stupid!

Anyway... It's for my Mother and I would take a bullet for her! :)

I know she will laugh her <-BAD WORD-> off when she sees myself and my Brother bald and beautiful! She is such a good sport! Can't wait to surprise her! :)

CJ,

Sorry for the late response I just came accross this thread, glad to hear things went well for your mom, chemo is tough my grandmother went through it a long time ago, but since then she has been cancer free, our thoughts and prayers also

On a side note give me a yell next time your down here if your looking to escape for a bit maybe we can hook up for a beer, depending where your at in central Fl. I maybe in the area as my work brings me over there a couple times a week.

Looks like your mom raised you and your brother right. So, what's a few hairs to make your her think of something other than the treatment. The sight of her two sons sporting the chrome dome look should be enough to do just that. Those of us that have lived this know its family and loved ones that can make the biggest difference by just being there. May God Bless you, your mom and your family.

I know she will laugh her <-BAD WORD-> off when she sees myself and my Brother bald and beautiful! She is such a good sport! Can't wait to surprise her! :)

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad that you and your brother :notworthy: are going the extra mile to lighten things up, just one thing before you do it. Just think is it going to make her upset if you shave your head! if not go ahead and do it!!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom