My soon to be lack of activity.

My soon to be lack of activity.
I have done it 3 times now... grew out the hair, donated it, then shaved it... all for kids cancer. When you get touched by someone close to you with cancer, you realize that a bald head isn't all that bad... although I would stray far away from saying my melon was beautiful ;)

Unfortuantely father time is catching up with the hair... it is showing more signs of "platinum blond", so I don't know how many kids are going to want a wig full of silver hair, but I will keep on doing it!

Thoughts/Prayers/Wishes to you and yours.

Craig

All the really cool kids are doing it! Hope mom is in good spirits.

img1264s.jpg

I have done it 3 times now... grew out the hair, donated it, then shaved it... all for kids cancer. When you get touched by someone close to you with cancer, you realize that a bald head isn't all that bad... although I would stray far away from saying my melon was beautiful ;)

Unfortuantely father time is catching up with the hair... it is showing more signs of "platinum blond", so I don't know how many kids are going to want a wig full of silver hair, but I will keep on doing it!

Thoughts/Prayers/Wishes to you and yours.

Craig

I have donated hair to locks of love. 3 12" pony tails at a time. Now, it will be a while since I recently cut it all off... yes, hair was donated.

CJ, give mom big hugs. And let her rub the bald dome for good luck :)

CJ,
I hope Mom is doing good. My grandma, in Geneva, AL is going through the same thing. I saw her last Mothers day sporting the new look. She was in good spirits about it, and my uncle was sporting the chrome dome with her, that made her day!
I wish your mom and family the Best! May God bless you all, and all of the families dealing with this!

So! I'm heading down for her next session (11-19-09) and my Brother and I are going to shave our self's bald!
It is done! And my ears are cold! :laugh:

Stopped by the local cutting shop (actually the only one in town) and had em take it all off... They were all like 'WTH!' Are you crazy - then I told them why and all you heard was 'Ahh'...

The nice lady next to me was nice enough to strike up a conversation (I wooed her! :) )... We are going to meet when I get back from Orlando! :D

It is done! And my ears are cold! :laugh:

Stopped by the local cutting shop (actually the only one in town) and had em take it all off... They were all like 'WTH!' Are you crazy - then I told them why and all you heard was 'Ahh'...

The nice lady next to me was nice enough to strike up a conversation (I wooed her! :) )... We are going to meet when I get back from Orlando! :D

We want pictures :D

How many times must I say this boy’s??
This is the new millennium!
VIDEO!!
:cool:

Surprised her with my new look and she cried... It was a wonderful happy cry... :)

The people at the oncology ward of the hospital are saints! They serve tea, crumpets and scones during the chemo sessions... Very nice!

So - This was before the full shaving...

This was following the #1 clipper cut... Unlike many of my friends who are in their mid 40's or early 50's - I actually have most of my hair (except for the widows peek :) )...

But it is all gone for my Mother (72) - I'm 46, fit, healthy and damn proud of it!... And I'm single! Anyone need a date! :laugh:

I love my Mother!

attachment.php

Long day today! I left GA for Central FL at about 4:30 this morning. My Mothers last chemo session was today and I was honored that she asked me to take her! :notworthy:

I made it about 1.2 hours down the road and then heard a little noise from the FR of my Mountaineer. I slowed to about 50 (limit was 70 - I was cruising at 80 and some change) and then all hell broke loose! I ended up on the side of I 75 at 5:40 in the morning, in the rain changing a flat on the RF... :mad: It took all I had to control my SUV - and I was waiting for the problem! But - just so you all know - not all is lost in our world, a passerby actually stopped in the rain at the early hours and asked if I need help! He even said he would just stand around and hold the flashlight for me... :) What a nice gesture! :) My spare is a brand new Michelin (got it on the Firestone exchange program), it actually rode and drove great! :)

The goodest (new word) news is that she (my Mother) received a 'graduation diploma' and the she rang 'the bell' (a bell located at the exit of the oncology ward that only final patients can touch) to signify the end of her sessions... All the nurses and doctors lined the isle of the oncology ward and clapped - as did the people who were receiving injections (from their rooms) - it was very touching and it did bring a tear to my eyes...

We returned from the hospital around three and I started on another four hour drive home! It has been a LONG day! :) Eight hours driving and four hours at the hospital - but it very much worth it!

The tire in question! :)

attachment.php

glad to hear nothing serious happened from the blown tire. Im also glad to hear your mom made it through chemo. i wish your family a happy and healthy new year, and thanks for a awesome site

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom