Oil leak GONE!

Oil leak GONE!

Pa30pilot

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7
360ci (stock),T150 ,Dana 20
Alright, so this is not a new topic, but after reading several posts regarding the best way to fix the rear oil seal and successfully replace the oil pan, I fixed my oil leak! This is great. I used to work on VW's and had a Karmann-Ghia (still in a barn). I figured if I could manage the case seal on a VW engine, then a simple oil pan was easy. Not neccessarily so. Well, all I can say is that after reading innumerable posts, I replaced the rear oil seal (sort of anticlimactic) and then secured the cork gaskets with a thn (~1/16th inch) of RTV and gooped up the corner tabs on the front and rear seal with RTV (not too much). The vehicle is now dripless. Nothing. Dry. Thanks everyone who posted on this subject. Now if I can find a good T-18 to go with my 360 and Dana 20 .

Yea! :)

The seals work... As you did, don't over silicone them and they are good to go, :)

Yup that's the ticket. And dabbing a small amount of silicone on the "feet" of the seals helped mine stop leaking all over.

Clean flat surfaces, hardly any rtv(seal ends) and proper torque and sequence has always been my secret

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom