Political Humor

Political Humor

LongHorn

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83'CJ-8 Scrambler Slightly Modified;),48'CJ2A, 54'CJ3B 67'Jeep M-725, 88'YJeep Wrangler Slightly Modified;)
O'Bama Come Home: An Irish Village Welcomes its Prodigal Son
By Genevieve Carbery / Moneygall Friday, May 20, 2011

prod·i·gal/ˈprädigəl/
Adjective: Spending money or resources freely and recklessly; wastefully extravagant.
Noun: A person who spends money in a recklessly extravagant way.

Truth is hard to find in the news today, but I think"Time magazine" nailed this on the head whether they mean to or not.
At least the headline was dead on, but the article sucked. ;)

:)

I like it!

This post even got linked by The Huffington Post... ;:
:ty:,:ty: Very Much.

Here all this time my son has been telling me I'm not funny, just funny looking.:rolleyes:

More Political Humor:

"So, Barack Obama thinks Israel should give up the land it acquired in the Six-Day War, rolling back to its 1967 borders. ... I was talking to a friend last night who had this alternative suggestion. Leave Israel alone and roll back the U.S. Government to its 1967 size. I wish he had said 1965."
--columnist Roger Kimball

"The best way to hear this President denounce those [crony capitalist] things, instead of imposing them on us, is to become the citizens of a foreign country. If we just pull America back to its pre-1776 borders, we'll immediately gain Barack Obama's energetic support for entrepreneurial risk, economic growth, resource development, and Limited , accountable government."
--columnist John Hayward

"The death of Osama bin Laden ... has apparently damaged our relationship with al-Qa'ida. Al-Qa'ida has released a statement vowing to make America pay for bin Laden's death. I'm pretty sure we did pay for his death. We paid for the whole thing and even took care of the funeral arrangements. Maybe a thank you would be nice."
--comedian Jimmy Kimmel

"President Obama addressed a party fundraiser in New York Tuesday where he promised Democrats he'll get immigration reform passed. He spoke at length about how immigration is good for the United States. Maria Shriver has been granted equal time to deliver the rebuttal."
--comedian Argus Hamilton

"Just because politicians take their own clichés seriously and deliver them with great solemnity doesn't mean that any of us are under any obligation to feign interest. It's time that Republicans running for office realized that it's not illegal to occasionally break the law of gravitas."
--columnist Burt Prelutsky

Headline:
Michelle Obama seeks to inspire London students

I guess she couldn't screwup enough here, so she had to take her act on the road.:rolleyes:

OBAMA IN HIS OWN WORDS :
>
>
>
> 2008: "Navy Seal Team 6 is Cheney's private assassination team."
>
> 2011: "I put together Seal Team 6 to take out Bin Laden.":censored:
>
>
>
> 2008: "Bin Laden is innocent until proven guilty, and must be captured
> alive and given a fair trial."
>
> 2011: "I authorized Seal Team 6 to kill Bin Laden."
>
>
>
> 2008: "Guantanamo is entirely unnecessary, and the detainees should
> not be interrogated."
>
> 2011: "Vital intelligence was obtained from Guantanamo detainees that
> led to our locating Bin Laden."

as_cool_bumper_sticker-p128840751229883849trl0_400.jpg

I don't think these quotes are funny so much as though provoking.

"It is a sobering fact that the prominence of central banks in this century has coincided with a general tendency towards more inflation, not less. f the overriding objective is price stability, we did better with the nineteenth-century gold standard and passive central banks, with currency boards, or even with 'free banking.' The truly unique power of a central bank, after all, is the power to create money, and ultimately the power to create is the power to destroy.":eek:
-- Paul Volcker
former Federal Reserve chairman

"The dirty little secret is that both houses of Congress are irrelevant.
... America's domestic policy is now being run by Alan Greenspan and
the Federal Reserve, and America's foreign policy is now being run
by the International Monetary Fund [IMF]. ...when the president decides
to go to war, he no longer needs a declaration of war from Congress.":eek:
-- Robert Reich
US Secretary of Labor under Bill Clinton
Source: January 7, 1999 issue of USA Today

Series 1863-1934 U.S. Gold Certificate - This is to certify that there have
been deposited in the treasury of The United States of America [denomination
face value, i.e. Ten Dollars] in gold coin payable to the bearer on demand.
Series 1886-1963 U.S. Silver Certificate - This certifies that there is on
deposit in the treasury of The United States of America [denomination face
value, i.e. Ten Dollars] in silver payable to the bearer on demand.
Series 1913-1934 Federal Reserve Note - Redeemable in gold on demand at the
United States Treasury or in gold or lawful money at any Federal Reserve Bank.
Series 1934-1963 Federal Reserve Note - This note is legal tender for all debts
public and private and is redeemable in lawful money at the United States
Treasury or at any Federal Reserve Bank.
Series 1963- Federal Reserve Note - This note is legal tender for all debts,
public and private.
-- U. S. Currency
Source: Federal Reserve Notes are not backed by gold or silver but instead are issued as IOU's for interest-bearing Treasury Bonds, i.e. debt:mad:

"Take the 'tea parties,' which have been accused of racism by the NAACP, the Congressional Black Caucus, mainstream media outlets and entertainer-activists such as Janeane Garofalo, who proclaimed they are 'about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up.' So, after nearly two years of 'experts' telling us that the typical tea party member is two holes in a white sheet shy of being a Klansman, guess who is arguably the most popular tea party candidate for president? Herman Cain, a black businessman. Perhaps the most telling sign of the changing racial landscape comes with voting patterns, though not at the ballot box. Blacks -- particularly among the young and educated -- are voting with their feet by leaving cities like New York, Chicago and Detroit in huge numbers and moving to places like Atlanta, Charlotte and Dallas. Clement Price, a Rutgers history professor, told the New York Times, 'The black urban experience has essentially lost its appeal with blacks in America.' ... For years, liberals have glibly smeared the GOP as racist because it is disproportionately Southern. Obviously there are historical reasons behind the charge, but in 2011? If the region is so racist, why are blacks so eager to flee to the less 'progressive' South?"
--columnist Jonah Goldberg

Comment of the Day: Sean Penn, the Self-Assured Airline Pilot
o
Erik Hayden – Wed Jun 8, 6:44 pm ET
Today's edition of Spatwatch outlined a feud between actor Sean Penn and outraged Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen over the merits of Venezuelan president-for-life Hugo Chavez. As we noted earlier, it's the idea that Penn seems to fancy himself "an expert" on Venezuela that's rubbed the pro-baseball manager, a native Venezuelan, the wrong way.

Sean Penn reminds me of the commercial showing an actor at the controls of an airplane reaching up to move one of the navigational buttons. When the pilot reaches over to stop him he says, "don't worry, I played the part of a pilot in my last film.":rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom