Political Humor

Political Humor
I'm not a fan of the GOP. Before the election, everyone thought Obama would take away everyones guns. Turns out, that in my case it was Bush and his deregulations leading to his bailout of the banks that got my guns. I was one of those people that lost everything. Sold my guns and projects to keep food on the table, Lost my job, then my house and finally my lifes savings paying bills while the GOP did their best to make Obama a one term president. There was a time, before the tea party, when those from both sides of the aisle would sit down and work out a comprimise. Both sides didn't get everything they wanted but both got enough to make it work. This is how American politics should work. These tea baggers don't seem to understand this concept and as a result there are plenty of Americans, like me, who are just collateral damage. I've worked hard for the past 30+ years to put some aside for retirement, that is all gone now.

Please take a look at the posted chart. This is what Obama did with absolutly no help from congress. These things mean a lot more to me than
legislating morality, or making sure the rich don't have to help out poor people. (Hate to see a billionare sell a mansion or a yaht to pay 3% more in taxes) If you're in the middle class, like me, Obama LOWERED your taxes. Don't believe FOX NEWS, they are mostly an entertainment station, with facts loosely based in truth.

No political discussions or I will close this thread.

This is a humor thread, anyone who wants to discuss politics can go to a forum dedicated to those topics.

Political discussions just end up causing debates that I will not allow here.

What Is Politics? A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"
Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"
So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.
Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."
The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."
The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."

ALERTS TO THREATS IN 2011 EUROPE : BY JOHN CLEESE
The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Libya and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have beenre-categorized from Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by theSpanish Armada.The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to “Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of BrusselsThe Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.Australia , meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate" Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is canceled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
---John CleeseBritish writer, actor and tall person

These made me laugh and I passed them on, FUNNY!!!

No political discussions or I will close this thread.

This is a humor thread, anyone who wants to discuss politics can go to a forum dedicated to those topics.

Political discussions just end up causing debates that I will not allow here.

I'm the new guy here and the last thing I want to do is make enemies. I'm a motor-head, like I'm sure you all are too. I joined your group to learn about my jeep and be with like minded people regardless of their political affilation. I'm sure that if any of you were my neighbors, we would be friends regardless of our "lawn signs", thats how I am.
But as far as being a "humor thread", I will have to agree, although it is VERY one sided humor and a big part of it is anti-Obama quotes and statements with no humor at all. Since it's been around since last May and you, yourself have posted, I know you were aware of its contents. That being said, I thought I would throw a wrench in the works and put in my 2 cents worth with a few opposing coments and a bit of my own humor. I'm rather confused why my opinion and humor turned this from a "humor thread" into something else, but political humor, like ethnic humor, is usually only funny to one side. I'm still up for more of your humor, guys, and I'll shut up and be good, so don't close the thread. I do, however, find it odd that I'm the only long haired, red neck, beer drinkin', gun lovin' motor-head Jeep ownin' Democrat on this site.

PS If anyony does want to talk politics, and keep it friendly, PM me.

~~~
But as far as being a "humor thread", I will have to agree, although it is VERY one sided humor and a big part of it is anti-Obama quotes and statements with no humor at all. ~~~
Unfortunately - there is a good reason why the jokes / humor are almost all about Obama - he happens to be president right now and that paints a huge target.

If / when the Presidency changes I'm sure you will see some new anti-President jokes mocking the party in charge.

:ww: to our site OLD 9! :chug:

OLD 9
CJ is being polite
I would have given you a time out after your second post in here
Politics have no place in a gear head forum. Humor however is a bit different.
You have to admit, in America we bash who ever is in charge and that is our right.
I have to admit that I am not of either party, I register as refusing to pick a party, we are allowed to do that out here. So do not call me a conservative or republican for not seeing your views.
We are hear because of CJs, and our leader here, CJ, allows us to post up a bit of political humor, if it is anti Obama, then I am sure the next one will be anti Bush, and if it is weighted to one side, I am sure that is the opinion of most of the board. It is not here to offend, we allow anyone to post up, as long as it is HUMOR.

You will notice that there is not a lot of "discussion" in this post. There is a very good reason for that.:cool:

BTW - The Adventurers Club forum has less restrictions then the public forum.

A civilized discussion of topics not allowed in the standard forums is allowed as long as it doesn't become out of hand. The flaming and bashing of members rules still apply though.

And how does one gain access to the adventurers club??:D

Then one will do that after one gets to work this morning.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom