Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
I have searched high and low for a serpentine belt system for an AMC V8 for a long time. The closest I have found is someone who made one a while ago (featured in Car Craft) but haven't found anyone else.

Is anyone a better Google Engineer then me? I sure haven't been able to find anything... Any ideas? :)

I just looked around, and I'm not seeing anything. :( sorry, buddy.

I can't believe a machinist is writing this thread. Come on CJ, this sounds like a challenge. By the time you make 1 or 2 of them and sell them, you just got yours free. Free kicks, well you know what.

I found this. 360 Serp belt conversion - International Full Size Jeep Association

Looks like a guy is fabricating them to sell but they are not done yet.
Other than that nothing. Can't find any company that sells a conversion. it doesn't exsist.
I totally missed that thread! Thanks...

I can't believe a machinist is writing this thread. Come on CJ, this sounds like a challenge. By the time you make 1 or 2 of them and sell them, you just got yours free. Free kicks, well you know what.
LOL - Could I make a set? Sure. Do I have the time or the machinery to do it... Not really... We not allowed to use the machinery at work for personal purposes. :(

Well, I'm probably going to kick my own <-BAD WORD-> for even thinking about this... But, anyone know the pitch and width or just have a link to a spec sheet on a serpentine belt?

PC's comment has been on my mind all day long...

The last time I gave in to a dare like that, I ended up with 2 scars on my left nipple!:eek: It is a long story, but the moral is be careful.:D Could you use the pulleys from another vehicle and just machine the centers to fit onto the shafts on your acc.'s? Maybe use a keyway. Just a thought.

The last time I gave in to a dare like that, I ended up with 2 scars on my left nipple!:eek: It is a long story, but the moral is be careful.:D Could you use the pulleys from another vehicle and just machine the centers to fit onto the shafts on your acc.'s? Maybe use a keyway. Just a thought.
I don't even want to know!!! :laugh:

Maybe, I'm really interested in the belt specs though...

Anyone? :)

Now hope CJ got his theory to work on his practicals. Wud be interesting to see that whether he makes a personal like a professional.!
Maybe use a keyway. Just a simple thought.

Hello DonEBeasley and welcome to the site! :chug: Glad to have you as a member!

Thanks for the info... In a round about way, the link MrsDalefan gave in this post -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/serpentine-system-amc-v8-744/#post3676 is a link to BullTear.com - that is the belt system they were discussing.

Good thing about BullTear is - the system is due to ship for all that prepaid on the 28th of this month. And according to Mark (the sop manager) they are on schedule and the four systems they have tested so far work great (even without and idler pully). They believe they will be using an idler pulley anyway due to safety concerns.

BullTear is on the ball as usual!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom