Shutting down when turning.

Shutting down when turning.

blkstx87

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 Renegade 258 6cyl
I have a 84 CJ7 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l , just today it has started shutting down when turning left and braking, Not to the right and not when turning while in reverse and braking. If you can catch it before it cuts out completely and let off the brake it will go back to idle. Any help would be great. Time to ask the pro's. :confused:

try seeing if you can duplicate the problem in the drive way when turning the wheel and see what is happening under the hood, may need a helper in teh jeep as you look under the hood

My guess would also be a short someplace. So if you turn to the left in reverse it doesn't cut out?

Hey guys thanks for the help, it was a wire by the coil that was swinging out and grounding to the coil and killing the engine. The only time it would move in the "wrong" direction was while turning left and braking.:chug:

Hey guys thanks for the help, it was a wire by the coil that was swinging out and grounding to the coil and killing the engine. The only time it would move in the "wrong" direction was while turning left and braking.:chug:[/QUOT
Wow who woulda figured that one.Glad you found it.Cheers:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom