snorkle?

snorkle?

wrangler rider

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
95 wrangler with 88 4.2 carbed with puguetoe(?) 5spd both fresh rebuilds, spring over, 3inch body, spring arched 2 inches and stiffened, 10 inches of total lift on 36inch tsls 8k mile marker winch, ect.
1969 dodge charger rt se 440, 727 torqueflite 3.55 suregrip with 8 3/4 axle, everyone is making her a headache for me but i love her 1000xs more then my jeep
2005 dodge 3500 cummins 6speed dually work truck, not mine
Do i need or want one?

no
3 char

Do i need or want one?

Hello! and welcome to "Opinions.com" We look forward to helping you with your Jeepin needs and questions! Please take a moment to fill out the following questionnaire, as it will help us to understand a little about you, and your needs. And thanks again for visiting Opinions.com!

*Please indicate your choice by marking with an "X" in the blank next to the question below.

1)Do I drive under water?

YES. I drive under water. ___

NO. I do NOT, drive under water. ___

Answering "yes" to question one, would indicate that you would in fact, benefit from a snorkel device installed on your vehicle.

Answering "NO" to question two, would indicate that you will have no need for such a device. *

*please see legend at bottom of questionnaire.

*While you may not have NEED of this device, some may wish to project the image of badassary to to other jeepers, and desire the look of the snorkel, even though there will no actual underwater jeeping. In this event, we here at Opinion.com, recommend that you save your money for real things, and fashion a "faux" or "fake" snorkel instead, so that friends and strangers alike, can be impressed with the new adventurous image. This can be done by the cleaver use of tiolet paper tubes, scotch brand tape, a child's size 6 shoe box, and a can of flat black spray paint, or possibly soot from a coal stove if cost is a factor. Plans with full drawings and instructions can be obtained from us, by sending $19.95 to cover shipping and handling, to "Opinions.com"

!WARNING! The installation of such a device real or faux, has been known to bring hordes of hot chicks flocking to the vehicle on which this product has been installed. We accept no liability for any black eyes, kicked pills, fat lips, scratches, bites, torn garments, bad backs from sleeping on the couch, or any monetary distress resulting from divorce due to the jealousy significant others. On occasion, the installer has been known to score with a HOOTERS CHICK. In this event, we require 8X10 high quality pictures of said HOOTERS CHICK, in various outfits and poses, and reserve the right to use the image as we desire, strictly for advertisement purposes. Please, do NOT include images of yourself in the photos.

Hello! and welcome to "Opinions.com" We look forward to helping you with your Jeepin needs and questions! Please take a moment to fill out the following questionnaire, as it will help us to understand a little about you, and your needs. And thanks again for visiting Opinions.com!

*Please indicate your choice by marking with an "X" in the blank next to the question below.

Answering "yes" to question one, would indicate that you would in fact, benefit from a snorkel device installed on your vehicle.

Answering "NO" to question two, would indicate that you will have no need for such a device. *

*While you may not have NEED of this device, some may wish to project the image of badassary to to other jeepers, and desire the look of the snorkel, even though there will no actual underwater jeeping. In this event, we here at Opinion.com, recommend that you save your money for real things, and fashion a "faux" or "fake" snorkel instead, so that friends and strangers alike, can be impressed with the new adventurous image. This can be done by the cleaver use of tiolet paper tubes, scotch brand tape, a child's size 6 shoe box, and a can of flat black spray paint, or possibly soot from a coal stove if cost is a factor. Plans with full drawings and instructions can be obtained from us, by sending $19.95 to cover shipping and handling, to "Opinions.com"

!WARNING! The installation of such a device real or faux, has been known to bring hordes of hot chicks flocking to the vehicle on which this product has been installed. We accept no liability for any black eyes, kicked pills, fat lips, scratches, bites, torn garments, bad backs from sleeping on the couch, or any monetary distress resulting from divorce due to the jealousy significant others. On occasion, the installer has been known to score with a HOOTERS CHICK. In this event, we require 8X10 high quality pictures of said HOOTERS CHICK, in various outfits and poses, and reserve the right to use the image as we desire, strictly for advertisement purposes. Please, do NOT include images of yourself in the photos.

Yeah Baby! I gotsa git me one a dees!:rolleyes:

Yeah Baby! I gotsa git me one ah dees!:rolleyes:

I would like to suggest that 8x10 color glossy photos are obsolete and digital video is much more new millennium.:cool:
I would ask if there is a proportional ratio of size and length , snorkel to perception of anatomy??
lastly I have always wondered how you relocate the distributor to a location high enough to allow water to reach the carburetor?

Please note that I reside in the Republic of Texas and swamps in my local area are easy to avoid most of the time so I do not consider myself to be any authority on this subject at all and the only relevant opinions I have on this post involve HOOTERS GIRLS and not air intake re location.:cool:

A month or so ago, we received about 8" of rain in a couple of hours. I have a creek running across my property and it swelled to epoch proportions. My jeep is still in the dismantled state but I needed to go to the liquor store for provisions. My other vehicle is a 2000 F-350 and I didn't think it would make it across the creek unless I installed a temporary snorkle, which I did. As I was crossing the creek it swept me down and I got stuck. I called the local wrecker service and told them I used a snorkle but it didn't help. They showed up rather quickly. I have attached some pictures of the wrecker drivers that helped me that day. :)

A month or so ago, we received about 8" of rain in a couple of hours. I have a creek running across my property and it swelled to epoch proportions. My jeep is still in the dismantled state but I needed to go to the liquor store for provisions. My other vehicle is a 2000 F-350 and I didn't think it would make it across the creek unless I installed a temporary snorkle, which I did. As I was crossing the creek it swept me down and I got stuck. I called the local wrecker service and told them I used a snorkle but it didn't help. They showed up rather quickly. I have attached some pictures of the wrecker drivers that helped me that day. :)

I think we should put this in the plus column.:chug:
so the question would be " was it a real snorkel of a just for looks snorkel??"
apparently it worked quite well.
Do you think you could post some pictures of the design so WR could get some Idea of what may be needed??

This is me on the first attempt at crossing. Anyone is sure welcome to use the design for the temporary snorkel used..

wrangler rider - they are only needed if your going to submerge the Jeep. If you ever get to that point while wheeling, there are much more items that have to be done to the CJ also... :)

wrangler rider - they are only needed if your going to submerge the Jeep. If you ever get to that point while wheeling, there are much more items that have to be done to the CJ also... :)

x2 on what he said. If you're going to actually be fording rivers or possible tracking down Dr Evil with your submersable Jeep, there is a long list of other items that will need to be waterproofed as well.

LMAO my sides are hurting on this thread, thanks!!!!

Buzzard please post the # to the wrecker service you used, I will be more then happy to pay the travel rate for them to get here to pull my ummm.......... Jeep for me :D:drool:

LMAO my sides are hurting on this thread, thanks!!!!~~~
That said - I'll reign in this tread and make it serious form here on out... OK?

WR - See my post here -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/snorkle-2671/#post22179

Now, you actually asked a pretty legit question - hell even Laura Croft in Tomb Raider had a snorkel - right? I think???... Anyway, if you don't know - a snorkel is to allow the engine to run under water - it allows the engine to breath just like a snorkel a human uses when diving.

The thing is, a human is pretty much water tight from the factory - but a Jeep is not! You have to seal the ignition, the distributor, the plugs, and wiring that will be under water and much, much more!

I suppose I should look at one some day but untill then, how do they route the pipe out of the engine compartment? is it a question of making a big notch in the hood or cutting a hole in the fender?:confused:

CJ I want to apologize for my juvenile behavior, and in my defense I can only say,

Coldwater started it!! :D

That said - I'll reign in this tread and make it serious form here on out... OK?

WR - See my post here -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/snorkle-2671/#post22179

Now, you actually asked a pretty legit question - hell even Laura Croft in Tomb Raider had a snorkel - right? I think???... Anyway, if you don't know - a snorkel is to allow the engine to run under water - it allows the engine to breath just like a snorkel a human uses when diving.

The thing is, a human is pretty much water tight from the factory - but a Jeep is not! You have to seal the ignition, the distributor, the plugs, and wiring that will be under water and much, much more!

well i live in florida so bahamas pretty much, we have deep water and ive seen my bodies hoods go under just screwing around after it rained but jeeps arent chevys so i wouldnt be as lucky
i dont have $300 for a snorkle so how can i do tis relatively cheap to get the most water avoidence?
and to go with your list of other things to protect, dielectric grease will save all the connectors and distibutor (which can be dryed out!) the computers are water proof (been there sank that) the only other thing would be the gas cap (yes thats been under on my jeep too), everything else it relativly easy and safe, and i dont mean to say that as a smartass I know they wont hold water for ever but long enough it good enough (atleast until i get my scuba liscence then itll really be fun!
and thanks for stoping the over grown children LOL

I suppose I should look at one some day but untill then, how do they route the pipe out of the engine compartment? is it a question of making a big notch in the hood or cutting a hole in the fender?:confused:

CJ I want to apologize for my juvenile behavior, and in my defense I can only say,

Coldwater started it!! :D

Actually - I think it was myself who started it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ
If you live in the Bahamas - maybe! :)

:D

Yeah what IO said, I too am a helpless victim caught up in the misleading and misguided judgments of our senior forum members please accept my most humble appologies for the errors of my judgement :notworthy:

On a side note CJ, did you get the feeling of the guard at a concert who takes the bouncing beach ball the crowd is playing with and pops it :D (sorry that was the Miller talking)

On a more seriose note, personally I have never seen the need for them, other then I suppose they could help prevent slugging the motor with water in the event you hit a deep puddle at increased speeds, and although Dante's peak was a very interesting movie, in the not make believe world if you go deep enough where you need a snorkle odds are your not going to get the traction you need to get out

well i live in florida so bahamas pretty much, we have deep water and ive seen my bodies hoods go under just screwing around after it rained but jeeps arent chevys so i wouldnt be as lucky
i dont have $300 for a snorkle so how can i do tis relatively cheap to get the most water avoidence?
and to go with your list of other things to protect, dielectric grease will save all the connectors and distibutor (which can be dryed out!) the computers are water proof (been there sank that) the only other thing would be the gas cap (yes thats been under on my jeep too), everything else it relativly easy and safe, and i dont mean to say that as a smartass I know they wont hold water for ever but long enough it good enough (atleast until i get my scuba liscence then itll really be fun!
and thanks for stoping the over grown children LOL

I would think 4 inch PVC would make most of it, with rubberized flex duct between the engine and the body but I don't have a clue how to put an air filter in line that will be water resistant or make a water tight seal on the carburetor.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom