T150 disassembly

T150 disassembly
alright here is whee I am the needle bearings that feel out I am not sure you can see it but I tried to get a pic of it

utf-8BMy5qcGc.png

here is where I am stuck cant figure out how to get it out now
utf-8BMi5qcGc.png

Ahh... It's the needle bearings on the front of the main shaft (#11) to the input shaft assembly (#17 -#22)! #17 is the bearing pack!

Easiest way to fix it is to pull the front input shaft assembly by removing the 4 bolts on the front of the Transmission , pull the input shaft (be careful not to tear the gasket), put all the needle bearings in the main drive gear (#18) (use plenty of petroleum jelly to hold the bearing in, then put the input shaft assembly back on as you mate the main shaft into the bearings.

If at all possible, see if you can the the bearings into the main gear without pulling the input shaft, that way you won't take a chance tearing the gasket.

Just be sure and wedge that main shaft in the case when you get done so it doesn't work it's way out again...

does the shaft just pull out of the bearing ?

does the shaft just pull out of the bearing ?
Does what shaft pull out of what bearing? Do you mean does the main shaft (#11) pull out of the needle bearings (#17) that are inside the input gear (#18)? Yes, as the picture shows they are all separate pieces. When you are talking about pieces in the Transmission you HAVE to use the numbering system as there are way too many 'shafts' and 'bearings'... :) Your kinda making this difficult without being specific... :)

The bearings go in the hole in the gear at the location of the RED ARROW and the pilot of the main shaft (YELLOW ARROW) goes into those bearings (slides in).

attachment.php

the front input shaft you where talking about pulling out.....sorry about no numbers im on the blackberry and its kind of a pain in the butt phone to pull up big images

All right... After a lengthy chat session and help from Fun and Rollbar we think DIG is well on his way to getting this thing going... He's now making a run to the hardware store. :)

alright got her apart, i think i got all the bearing pins and clips out, the money question how many needle bearing pins should i have in that front mainshaft?

Can't tell you the exact # but there should be no gaps when you put them in, they should exactly fill up the opening.

there is 15 for future reference....but yeah i got them all in but everytime i try and stick the shaft in, one of them keep moving, i got the covered in vasoline but seems like it isnt lining up, not sure im gonna sleep on it lol I am wore out thanks for everyones help!!!

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Well fellas just got done with the Transmission works like a dream! Hopefully tom I will he able to get the Transmission and motor back in I can't wait! Just wanna say thanks for all the help! Couldn't have done it with out yall!

The bearings stayed in place with vasoline! Like cj told me it was a big jigsaw puzzle but once I found the way of the puzzle I have to say it was pretty simple!

Well fellas just got done with the Transmission works like a dream! Hopefully tom I will he able to get the Transmission and motor back in I can't wait! Just wanna say thanks for all the help! Couldn't have done it with out yall!

The bearings stayed in place with vasoline! Like cj told me it was a big jigsaw puzzle but once I found the way of the puzzle I have to say it was pretty simple!
Very happy to hear we helped you get that sucker back together!

Following this thread...back from the dead...how do you separate the main shaft and 1st & reverse synchronizer assembly? I have tried to press it off with a shop press but it isn't budging, included using some heat to help. I checked for any snap rings or clips...can't find any left to hold it.

Any thoughts on how to separate these to replace the synchronizer ring between the 1st gear and reverse assembly?

Following this thread...back from the dead...how do you separate the main shaft and 1st & reverse synchronizer assembly? I have tried to press it off with a shop press but it isn't budging, included using some heat to help. I checked for any snap rings or clips...can't find any left to hold it.

Any thoughts on how to separate these to replace the synchronizer ring between the 1st gear and reverse assembly?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom