T5 overhaul parts help!!

probably gonna throw it in after work tomorrow, we'll see what happens, whenever it decides to go, i hope it waits just a little bit before it does

...he has a Transmission ,
...but someone cut the input shaft off....just the tip that goes into the pilot bushing? WTF! who does that.? toss up? do i do it and put in a input shaft? keep looking? dont think it good the way it is?? makes no sense!:bang:
Someone must have swapped a ford V8 into a jeep with that tranny. There are a few Jeep trannys that people do that to. Here's an explanation of that mod: Installing Ford V8 Engines into the Jeep CJ, 1976-1979

The T-150 can be used against Ford bellhousings by using a special pilot bushing and by shortening the Transmission pilot tip by 5/8" and chamfering it. The same procedure would apply to the Jeep T-18

my gut still says walk away. gonna throw in my T-5 and just keep my eyes open for some things.

so ive had the old Transmission in for a week or so. seems ok which is weird because i got a Transmission to replace it for reason?? all of a sudden last night and today, i get on the hiway...get up to about 60 mph in 5th and it starts popping from the carb!! but on side roads i can floor this thing and it runs like a champ??? could some thing in the Transmission be causing this?? Any ideas?

...i can just put my T-5 in but will be fighting syncros going...
Oh, heck...just double-clutch. Synchros were designed for girls. At least you'll still be on the road until you can upgrade. (You could also replace the gear oil with 50-weight.)

ive been looking for an upgrade. I run nv3500 fluid cause i can get it from my parts dept. and its what the old part# supers. to...the carb pop seems tobe my issue now. like i said the weird part is i pulled this Transmission for a reason, and now it seems ok?

So finally found a 176 I maybe looking at..question what boot do you use for the Transmission . Since I've got the twin stick since last? Was gonna use the old tcase boot? and what would be the best tunnel cover.:chug:

So finally found a 176 I maybe looking at..question what boot do you use for the Transmission . Since I've got the twin stick since last? Was gonna use the old tcase boot? and what would be the best tunnel cover.:chug:

Do you have access to the number tag? I got mine off of Craigslist and the guy advertised it as a T-176 out of his CJ7 . Turned out to be T177 which made me a lot happier. Heard of this happening to several others.

supposed to grab it sunday morning. all i have now are some cell pics. so we'll see..the 177 has a lower first gear??

Yes, slightly better .30

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom