Throw Out Bearing Inside Diameter ?

Throw Out Bearing Inside Diameter ?

T45965

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2x - 1970 CJ5's 225 Oddfire Buick V6's
I have a Dauntless Buick 225 V6 225 Odd fire with the 3-Transmission . The input shaft is approv 1 1/16... my problem is that the TOB id is closer to 1 3/8" and tat seems way to much clearance? I've ordered 3 clutches from 3 different vendors and all of the TOB are that size. Is that how loose the bearing should be? Other car's I've replaced clutch's on seem to have very minimal gap.. like 1/16" tops. Or is there suspose to be another sleeve of sorts between the input shaft and the TOB. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Borg-Warner T15 Transmission Parts at Morris4x4

Do you have something similar to the part to the left of the #6 front oil seal??
this is what the TOB is supposed to slide on.:cool:

I have a Dauntless Buick 225 V6 225 Odd fire with the 3-Transmission . The input shaft is approv 1 1/16... my problem is that the TOB id is closer to 1 3/8" and tat seems way to much clearance? I've ordered 3 clutches from 3 different vendors and all of the TOB are that size. Is that how loose the bearing should be? Other car's I've replaced clutch's on seem to have very minimal gap.. like 1/16" tops. Or is there suspose to be another sleeve of sorts between the input shaft and the TOB. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The bearing with it's casting is the only item there, besides the shift fork. But as you can see in the photo (hopefully) the bearing has about 3/8 slop in it.. Split that by 2 once the shift fork is attached, but I sure think that is to much space. I've seen on the 3000GT that another "sleeve" slides inside the bearing to take up the clearance.

Attachments

• Jeep 001.jpg
    Jeep 001.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 575
  • Jeep 002.jpg
    Jeep 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 965
  • Jeep 003.jpg
    Jeep 003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,075
So we are agreed? you are missing something!

Well that's just it... I'm not sure what should be there. Nothing is called out when I look at clutch kits or TOB's.. So if you happen to know what it is or a part number, that sure would help solve the problem. Thanks. Steve

If you go to the link and look at the part you may notice that it is one of the few they do not sell for this Transmission . Bummer dude!
I am guessing you have a T-15 3 speed ??
Check flea bay for a guy in the north selling snow plow supplies and equipment and dealing with a fair supply of used parts, thats where I would start looking.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom