Tired Carter BBD

Tired Carter BBD
When you bought it did he ask you where you live, your elevation, what other things have been done to your motor? The reason I ask is carbs can/need to be set up for different altitudes, driving, conditions, etc. A carb setup for florida at sea level is gonna run entirely different in the mountains (at high elevation). One setup for fuel mileage vs performance is gonna need to be set different. Not every jeep is the same, or used the same, or in the same location. Now that said he should email you or communicate with you by some means, that would be my complaint with ebay.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

When you bought it did he ask you where you live, your elevation, what other things have been done to your motor? The reason I ask is carbs can/need to be set up for different altitudes, driving, conditions, etc. A carb setup for florida at sea level is gonna run entirely different in the mountains (at high elevation). One setup for fuel mileage vs performance is gonna need to be set different. Not every jeep is the same, or used the same, or in the same location. Now that said he should email you or communicate with you by some means, that would be my complaint with ebay.

very good points, but no he didnt ask. i would assume he could gather that from my address. the auction was specifically for a mc2100 for a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l /AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l non smog though.

my main problem/concern is that he took my money a week ago...and still no product or even contact with him. just a jeep that runs crappy and thinner wallet.

lol finally heard from him...........i get an e-mail from him a bit earlier with installation instructions and a note that says "good luck, let me know if you need anything else"

i replied with, "i could use that carb" lol

he is supposed to be checking shipping status and getting back to me.

so communication is now established. hopefully it wont take tooo much longer in getting here and i can get that thing rockin. ill put up some pics of the product to show it off in case others are considering the same purchase.

Yes keep us posted. interested to see how good the product is.

i've received the carb today. he sent it in a somewhat timely manner...he just didnt communicate this (or anything else) to me. the carb actually arrived before he was able to check my shipping status.

so communication with him not so great but he definitely delivers the product as advertised. took a total of 10 days to receive. a little slow on shipping but seeing as how i wasnt finding one near me its not too bad.

im stuck at this moment waiting for the penetrating oil to work its magic on the studs. after its in place and set up ill throw up a few pics.

I just got a note from him that mine has been shipped. I wasn't too concerned due to his feedback and I am out of town for another week anyways. Look forward to getting it installed when I get home. When I did the buy now on ebay I put a note in telling him my location and elevation and asking for another jet set up for 9-13 thousand, dont know if he is including that or not.

Rod

oi!

these intake manifold studs have been soaking for 24hrs in penetrating oil. they WILL NOT budge. merely spins off both nuts, no matter how hard you tighten them together.

haynes makes mention of a stud puller. ive never heard of one of these before. im going to try to locate one of these locally this morning but, in the mean time, anyone have any nifty tricks to breaking seized bolts?

Don't use a stud puller on them they are threaded into the intake, take the nuts off pull the old carb off, then use a pair of vise grips on em, and try to apply a little heat to the intake with a propane torch, not a lot though. You shouldn't be reusing the studs so vise grips won't hurt em. Just don't damage the threads in the intake, that's what you bolt the adapter to.

i thought about heating but wasnt sure if it was advised. i was under the impression i needed to reuse these studs, thats why i havnt attacked them with any of the more invasive tools yet.

i shall re-check the included hardware with my adapter.

lol yea i failed to realize they were not being reused. but MAN were they on there! had to heat with the torch as advised, smack a bit with the hammer, then the vice grips. took about 15mins / stud!

the carb is all on, just try to figure my choke out

I need to hear audio. Post a youtube vid. I may be going down this road myself if I don't get my Carter lined out.

I'm new here, but not new to the M/C conversion.

I suggest you find a used carb on ebay with 1.08 venturis, (make sure it is stamped on the side). 2150 w/o the altitude compensator, (aneroid valve). You can find a good carb kit w/new power valve for about $35.

The guy on ebay, (eherman - Colorado Springs, CO) has a good rating simply because the Motorcraft 2100/2150 is so easy to rebuild. All he does is find used carbs on ebay, cleans them up and puts a kit in them. It is the easiest carb in the world to re-build, (and most of the time he gets it right). The conversion instructions, (from Carter BBD to M/C) are all over the internet and step-by-step rebuild instructions are there also.

The carb guy in Colorado Springs talks a real good story and is easy to communicate with before he makes a sale. From then on, he is slow to produce, slow to respond, (if ever) and will not make good on his mistakes. Instead, he wears you out by not responding to your communications and delaying - then repeating. His actions only match his talk by about 10%.

If you can't cancel, I hope everything works out well for you the first time.

I also bought the kit from Michael. Maybe it is too much for what you get, but it was nice to have everything needed without a bunch of hunting around. In my case I installed the carb and his ram air kit, used the electric fuel pump to prime the carb, turned the key and it fired up with a nice, low, smooth idle. It runs so much better now with more power. I haven't had a chance to check the idle rpm or mixture setting yet and it is running great. My next step is going to be an ignition upgrade.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom