transmitchon bitchon

transmitchon bitchon

wrangler rider

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
95 wrangler with 88 4.2 carbed with puguetoe(?) 5spd both fresh rebuilds, spring over, 3inch body, spring arched 2 inches and stiffened, 10 inches of total lift on 36inch tsls 8k mile marker winch, ect.
1969 dodge charger rt se 440, 727 torqueflite 3.55 suregrip with 8 3/4 axle, everyone is making her a headache for me but i love her 1000xs more then my jeep
2005 dodge 3500 cummins 6speed dually work truck, not mine
im putting a automatic in my jeep witha new I6 where before it had a 4 banger 5 speed, everyone before hand bitched at me to go automatic, so i did, now that im about to drop it in ther bitching because its an automatic
so my question is wtf?

The trick is to please yourself...not them.

heres the next trick, its my moms jeep so i need to make it enough fun for her to drive that she doesnt mind it being auto. and im putting a radio back in so that should help, but i need ideas to make it fun for her too

I like to think that I give advise whenever someone ask what he should do, and not tell him what to do. I do state that something is a mistake if I see it coming on. But I try not to tell people what they want. I see it out here a lot where the main focus is rocks, everyone has their own approach, as do I. Actually I am not a rock crawler per say, I do not go out looking for rock gardens. What I go out looking for is either a fun trail, a trail to explore, a trail that has historical significance or a historical item on it, or a trail that has something I want to see or do on it. If that means I have to cross a rock garden or two, I have my rigs well set up for it, however I consider myself a trail runner not a rock crawler, my rigs are set up to do the distance and carry the supplies I need. I also have a trailer set up to carry long range items.
Being kinda unconventional out here I try to let others follow what ever pattern they want to build. After all those accessory catalogs would be very thin if we all ordered the same bumper or even soft tops.
I feel the expense of a Auto Transmission conversion would make someone leary of it if they did not want it.
Anyway let it be a lesson, you converted for guys who did not even know why. Now lets ask advice and make our own decisions for now on. research makes for good builds, following trends makes for good profits to companies selling product. Reading mags for the latest trends makes for constantly changing your mind.

I personally prefer an auto for ease of driving, who needs to deal with a clutch, when trying to climb a rock/hill/etc while hanging your head out the window or needing to look else where. When you have alot of :dung: going on a clutch is the last thing I want to be dealing with.

I personally prefer an auto for ease of driving, who needs to deal with a clutch, when trying to climb a rock/hill/etc while hanging your head out the window or needing to look else where. When you have alot of :dung: going on a clutch is the last thing I want to be dealing with.

IMO stick is the way to go. More reliability, longer life, Granny Gear, but opinions are like :censored:holes, everybody has one. You'll have to makeup your own mind. Good luck in your endeavor.;)

First off 10X with Baja!!:cool:
second, I love my manual Transmission . It is a bit of a pain in rush hour traffic but it makes me a lot more connected to the machine.
I also get to scoff at the people that can't drive one!!:laugh:

I had new shoes put on the J-10 about a month ago, the counter jockey at the discount tire went out to the truck looked at it dubiously, got in, stalled it twice then came and got me to move it. 4 of the 6 boys in the bay were laughing their as*'s off, I was too, he was a bit embarrassed.:eek:

I agree with Baja 100% on this, For me my daily drivers are auto's, this is something new for me as I had always owned sticks, as I have gotten older I enjoy not messing with the clutch. However when it comes to a sports car or Jeep Standard is my personal preference, Sports car nothing like banging through the gears. But on the Jeep "or any other off road vehicle" I find the Stick is easier to rock if you are stuck, allows you to have more control over wheel spin and if you ever take out a starter or battery you can push start them.

As long Horn stated we all have opinions and it just boils down to what you want out of your rig, at the end of the day your driving it not us. If you try to please everyone and let them build your rig you are going to get frustrated with everyone and not enjoy the project

good Luck :chug:

BTW, my CJ5 was a stick.

I learned to drive on a stick and have owned many of them but as I got older
I found my choice of trails changed as did my need for a stick or auto. Many great
rigs are built with sticks and autos, in the end it comes down to drivers choice.
I also prefer the auto as anyone can drive it, as pointed out above some people
have problems with stick. My wife can drive it but prefers not to. If I go out in the
middle of nowhere and something happens it's nice knowing she can drive me/her/boy
back to get help.

As I said it's drivers choice, I would choose an auto now over a stick because of my
choice in trails and family. You would have to decide what works best for you.

go with what you want not everyone else. it is your rig.

Brock makes a great point in his last post, and that is do what you want and see is nessecary. In other words, build for yourself, not others

Im going to be doing a automatic conversion for the daily driver sometime soon. I broke my left foot playing football back in the day. Almost two years ago I broke it again when I dropped a full steel door on it. When it gets cold or when Im using it for the clutch alot it starts to irritate me. I never wheeled an automatic. When I build a CJ8 for wheeling Im still thinking of a manual T-176 , but I may go auto just for the fact of comfort , and the ease of the "point and shoot" factor.

alright thanks, and if I hate it I will do a conversion back
i appreciate the advise

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom