What to do next?

What to do next?
I like the idea of a "lunchbox" locker in the front maybe the Aussie locker. Not real expencive and you don't have to pull the differential to put it in.
thats what i'm goin with in the front, i figure it'll be perfect for what i want to do with my jeep

sorry if this is a little off topic but here where we drive in the snow and ice and need 4 wheel drive to do it, I don't like the idea of a lunch box in the front. It makes driving a PITA.

sorry if this is a little off topic but here where we drive in the snow and ice and need 4 wheel drive to do it, I don't like the idea of a lunch box in the front. It makes driving a PITA.
I don't see this as off topic at all. I think I shall give the rear locker a good work out and see how much I want a front locker then. one step at a time.
every time I do two or more things like that at the same time I end up wondering where I got the most results.

No numbers on the ouside anyway of my hubs.

Snow is not an issue here, will see summer use 95% of the time and sandy to rocky roads will be the norm.

Like the lunchbox idea, that with some new axles, possibly hubs and there goes another Thousand $

Just Empty Every Pocket :D

There the hubs I have on my CJ5 . I dont have any pics of it on this forum since its not at my house here. Your probably looking at the hubs I have on either the CJ8 or the CJ7 which are both stock. I dont remember any Nylon in there when Ive had them off. Its been quite awhile though. I attached a diagram that maybe you can refer to what you mean. Its the best one I could find.

79-81discbrake02.gif

These are THE hubs to have, but I'm not sure they are not just what you have. Just you have a jeep sticker on the knob. Do yours have a number on them??
something like M195A

Pete; you have had yours apart, do they have a nylon bushing??:confused:

I like the idea of a "lunchbox" locker in the front maybe the Aussie locker. Not real expencive and you don't have to pull the differential to put it in.

There the hubs I have on my CJ5 . I dont have any pics of it on this forum since its not at my house here. Your probably looking at the hubs I have on either the CJ8 or the CJ7 which are both stock. I dont remember any Nylon in there when Ive had them off. Its been quite awhile though. I attached a diagram that maybe you can refer to what you mean. Its the best one I could find.

79-81discbrake02.gif

It would be in the hub assembly, mine got loaded up with sand and I didn't catch it soon enough so the bushing got pretty sloppy, I replaced it with an oilite bronze bushing. There is nothing wrong with the nylon bushing as long as you keep it clean but you have to dismantle the hub assembly to clean it and keep the O ring clean.
Sasquach;
There is a possibility the detents will clear up if you dismantle the hub assembly and clean and lube them. I am assuming that you have not already. The only tools you need, once they are off is a pair of dykes and a pair of snap ring pliers. I did wheel bearings and hubs a few weeks ago, the hubs were to the point I was thinking of making a wrench to turn the knob with. :eek:

Ok now I got you. Your talking tearing down the hub itself. Mine still have the Nylon in there. I dont get in much mud and have never been in sand. That is a good point though. I could see sand and even mud doing damage pretty quickly.
It would be in the hub assembly, mine got loaded up with sand and I didn't catch it soon enough so the bushing got pretty sloppy, I replaced it with an oilite bronze bushing. There is nothing wrong with the nylon bushing as long as you keep it clean but you have to dismantle the hub assembly to clean it and keep the O ring clean.
Sasquach;
There is a possibility the detents will clear up if you dismantle the hub assembly and clean and lube them. I am assuming that you have not already. The only tools you need, once they are off is a pair of dykes and a pair of snap ring pliers. I did wheel bearings and hubs a few weeks ago, the hubs were to the point I was thinking of making a wrench to turn the knob with. :eek:

Have I been Highjacked? :D

Fine I'll start another one.

We are talking about YOUR hubs.:D

You were, OK now I feel better. Pulled one of mine off but as far as I see the most apparent problem is the plastic selector has lost it's detent, if parts were available I would be happy enough just to repair these.

After digging in a little deeper I decided they are junk and gona order some Warn hubs.

See. Now we were talking about your hubs. :D You wont be disappointed.
After digging in a little deeper I decided they are junk and gona order some Warn hubs.

Sound wisdom.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom