what would cause this

what would cause this
it sits outside all the time. i have no garage. when i got it the breather and pcv grommets were shot. the breather and pcv were just laying on the valve cover. so i got new grommets and pcv and breather. then i redid all the vaccum lines. this thing was in bad shape before i got it. so it probally got alot of moister in it. when i flushed the cooling system last fall all the coolent looked like rust. i flushed it for along time until i was coming out clear.

Now that I understand the actual FACTS! I'm pretty sure you're just fine and nothing at all to worry about.

I would change the oil asap and then after about 2000 miles to "clean" out the stuff that sat for a year. Maybe even a can of STP oil treatment to help loosen what was sitting and possibly not lubed (when it all drained intot he pan the parts on the top end were dry so to speak for the year)

Dave:D

Oh and I am new here, whats up all:chug:
it would take me a year or so to put that many miles on it. this is my toy and dont get driven that much. manly weekends.

Dude you left that important part out man. You most likley got moisture in it while the holes were open, you should be fine just keep an eye on it the next time you change the oil. Oh and by the way if you go with a good synthetic oil you can run 5000 mile with no problem, don't spend the money on the so called 5000 or 7000 mile oils they just cost more.

I run Quaker state 5-30 and run it for 5000 miles and have no issues at all, even the cheepest WallMart synthetic will do, I'm sure they all came from the same place.

Dave

i run mobil 1 in both of my hondas and a mobil 1 oil filter. i change the oil in them 2 times a year.

We get trucks all the time at work like that. Most of the time it is due to sitting for a period of time, or short trips that never get oil hot enough to burn out the moisture. I agree with CJ, If the oil on the dipstick looks good, don't worry.

not really, just keep it warm in the house and add it, the jeeps run about 210deg and it will help. I have an 02 TJ and it was quiet with just a very small lifter tick and I added the STP in November and I only run the jeep after work and on weekends and after a few weeks it's nice and quiet:D

Dave

i put high milage oil in it. im going to run it for a couple of weeks and change it again. it is way to cold in ohio right now to put thick stp in.

Dalefan88 is right. Have any of you seen oil freeze?
I used to work as a logger right up by the canadian border. My work truck was an old Ford oil-burner. So bad I kept a case of oil with the truck at all times. I was headed out to the site once, and the engine started knocking (thats how I knew to add 4 qts of oil! :laugh:) so I pulled over and got out the 20-50w I always ran in it to slow the burn. It was almost competely frozen into a 'slushy' concoction.:eek: Took almost an hour to cut open the bottles and spoon the oil into the fill hose.
Did I mention the daytime high for the last 2 weeks had been in the negatives (below zero)? I was nearly a popsicle by the time I got done! :censored:

to me thick oil and oil additives are not good to use in winter. when you hear ticking, rattling, and nocking that is metal on metal and not good.:eek:

It's condinsation, run it down the road at about 60mph, it'll be good and gone.

I think its the water condensing around the field during its last run. Try changing it with mileage oil and then look for the change.! Well anywayz cud always wipe those stuff. No need to worry.!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks