2100 carb ?

2100 carb ?

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
my friend has three motorcraft carbs a 2100, 2150, and not sure of the third. how do i tell which one is the 2100 so i can buy it off him. the 2100 came off a 67 mustang but he doesnt remeber which one it is. the one i think it is has 1.08 stamped on the side. thanks for any help.

The 2100 and a 2150 look pretty much the same, except a 2150 has metering rods that move with the throttle. Also, a 2100 has a vertical choke pull-off on the drives side and the 2150 has a horizontal passenger side pull-off.

Here is a 2100 exploded diagram.

here is some pics of the one i want it to be.

sweet this one was in the best shape and it had a rebuild kit for it all for $25. now i hope he can fined the spacer. if not i got to go on a search for one of those.

in the first pic in the top left corner. in the circle part there looks like a hole. will this effect anything?

I have seen cheezy adapters at auto zone to adapt the diffrent size 2 barrel carbs

in the first pic in the top left corner. in the circle part there looks like a hole. will this effect anything?

I've recently finished swapping a motorcraft carb for my Carter YF. If you're swapping from a single barrel to the M/C, you'll need a custom made adapter plate. If you're swapping in the M/C from a two barrel it's an adapter plate you can pick up from sumitt or jegs. Let me know, I'll dig you up the part number.

As for the hole, you'll just need to fill it with some silicon so that you're not sucking air in that isn't going through the air filter. Speaking of filters, do you have power brakes, if you do, you're pretty much Limited to a 7" round. If you wants some pics, let me know, I'll put some of those up to.

One more thing, check the jet size in that carb. From what I've read and tinkered with 46-48's are the size you want.

wouldnt it be better to start off with a 2 barrel intake? I think keeping the 1 barrel intake woulb be like sucking through a straw:eek: forgive me im just rambling on

wouldnt it be better to start off with a 2 barrel intake? I think keeping the 1 barrel intake woulb be like sucking through a straw:eek: forgive me im just rambling on

Kind of. But it's a big straw. It's not like the single barrel intake is equal to one of the two holes of the two barrel intake . If you go by circumfrance, the single intake hole is probably almost equal to the size of the two holes for a two barrel intake. It's all about the amount of CFM's that the engine needs. The same way that a four barrel intake isn't equal to four times the size of the single barrel intake. Am I making any sense, or am I just rambling :confused:

Last edited:
Hopefully these pictures explain it better than I can.

i have manuel brakes and replacing a 2 barrel bbd.

is there anything else special i need to know doing this swap. like troddel hook up or vaccuum lines or anything?

ya get with elwood but I dont think your throttle linkage is gonna work:eek:

gert's right. The carter BBD and YF models are down pull carbs. The Motorcraft is a rear pull. Here are a couple of pics of the linkage I fabbed. With a dremel and a cut-off wheel I cut the bottom of the original linkage plate off (the part with the square hole in it to hold the throttle cable still) and I had a friend tack weld these pieces of angle iron I had laying around. I bolted the homemade bracket to a couple of holes already in the rear of the exhaust manifold. Sorry about the second picture, it's pretty blurry.

The vacuum lines can be a little tricky. The schematic was helpful.

vacuumdiag1kf9.jpg

These two write-ups are also very useful:

http://www.cjoffroad.com/writeup.asp?WU_ID=16&noAdd=1

http://street2mud.com/webfiles/MC-2100%20set%20up%20for%20a%20258.pdf

Here's a good place to get motorcraft jets:

http://www.carburetion.com/ford2v.htm

And the adapter plate, from what I have been reading, the ones sold from summit and jegs doesn't exactly match up correctly, I got mine from this guy; Michael Ehrmann <michael.ehrmann@hotmail.com>, $35 including shipping, he also sells complete motorcraft carb swap kits, but don't waste your money on the linkage adapter kit, it isn't worth the money, IMHO.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks