232 still wont run in my 77 CJ7 ???

232 still wont run in my 77 CJ7 ???
I really don't think the rotor got turned, not this time around. It may have BEEN turned for a long time, but the plug wires plugged in to match it. THIS time around, the wires may've just gotten plugged in "right", which was wrong. :)

I believe you are right just a little PO booby trap. It could have been worse, actually it probably is we just haven’t found that part yet.
I really don’t believe it is possible to put a rotor button on backwards. But I had my doubts about Obama being elected too. Life is full of surprises and people keep amazing (amusing) me.
.:cool:

Corey, whats the scoop, is it running or not? :popcorn:

Corey, whats the scoop, is it running or not? :popcorn:

Well i didnt have time to work on it yesterday I helped a couple of my buddies move and today i got my wisdom teeth ripped out, so I still have to get the timing cover back on and the rest of the engine back together, but i was having trouble getting the timing cover on because the gasket that goes between it and the oil pan is being a pain, but ill try to get some work done on it when I dont look like a damn chipmunk.

Yeah, BAD time to work on anything important, while you've got sedatives & analgesics coursing through your veins, roaring up your head & makin' ya even more distracted than you'd be with just the pain. Best back off till tomorrow - no sense in making a mistake today you'll pay for later.

Today you've got no wisdom to work with. :) :) :)

Well today i got my wisdom teeth ripped out, but ill try to get some work done on it when I dont look like a damn chipmunk.

Yea bad stuff, I still remember getting mine cut out, and you weren't even born yet when that happened.:eek: :laugh:

Yea bad stuff, I still remember getting mine cut out, and you weren't even born yet when that happened.:eek: :laugh:
As I recall , when they pulled mine they used a pair of pliers made from Mastodon ivory. and the anesthetic was to be hit on the head with a large rock.:bang::pissed:
Glad those days are over.

As I recall , when they pulled mine they used a pair of pliers made from Mastodon ivory. and the anesthetic was to be hit on the head with a large rock.:bang::pissed:
Glad those days are over.

I was only in there for 30 mins when i went in and I stayed awake so it wasnt to bad, but lets take a little vote here guys, I know a way 100% that i can get the timing cover on without any trouble that im having right now, and that is do another oil change on the bad boy drop the oil pan and put a new pan gasket on and then bolt on the timing cover, but the biggest issue that im having is that new gasket that connects to the oil pan is some fresh rubber and it doesnt like to compress to well but im thinking if i put the bottom bolt in first and compress that gasket it will work, cause in my chiltons it doesnt say anything about taking the oil pan off or dropping it down.

It's your call kid, do what you have to do to make it right. pretty simple, if it won't work the way you are doing it you have to do it another way.Your lucky, you already thought of another way, some times that is the hard part.

I was only in there for 30 mins when i went in and I stayed awake so it wasnt to bad, but lets take a little vote here guys, I know a way 100% that i can get the timing cover on without any trouble that im having right now, and that is do another oil change on the bad boy drop the oil pan and put a new pan gasket on and then bolt on the timing cover, but the biggest issue that im having is that new gasket that connects to the oil pan is some fresh rubber and it doesnt like to compress to well but im thinking if i put the bottom bolt in first and compress that gasket it will work, cause in my chiltons it doesnt say anything about taking the oil pan off or dropping it down.

Corey, you stll alive, we haven't head anything for a couple days.

Sorry guys, the front of the engine it still apart and the timing cover still isnt on, I started my new job Monday so havent had time to work on it and I went and interview for my second job today, i figured out if i work the next 5 months at two jobs, I can pay my GMC off and have 5-7k to dump into the good ole 7 :D but be dog tired every day. But basically i know how im gonna get the timing cover back on, i have to loosen the oil pan bolts to get a little give and ill be set! then turn the dizzy and pray the gears arent stripped.

Glad to hear you are gainfully employed. you do need to get the cover on so you don't find spyders and mud dawbers living in it. You are going to wire the plugs in the proper position, proper sequence and the AMC 232 i6 is going to fire and run smoother that the prom queens thighs.:cool:

Sorry guys, the front of the engine it still apart and the timing cover still isnt on, I started my new job Monday so havent had time to work on it and I went and interview for my second job today, i figured out if i work the next 5 months at two jobs, I can pay my GMC off and have 5-7k to dump into the good ole 7 :D but be dog tired every day. But basically i know how im gonna get the timing cover back on, i have to loosen the oil pan bolts to get a little give and ill be set! then turn the dizzy and pray the gears arent stripped.

Glad to hear you are gainfully employed. you do need to get the cover on so you don't find spyders and mud dawbers living in it. You are going to wire the plugs in the proper position, proper sequence and the AMC 232 i6 is going to fire and run smoother that the prom queens thighs.:cool:

Yes it will ;) but sunday is gonna have to maybe be that day im busy ALL week and weekend, lets just PRAY that the Dizzy gear isnt stripped :confused: or its gonna have to wait just a wee bit longer to run again and then im going to put all new fresh oil and tranny fluid in it, then bolt a seat in it and drive it!

Na, if it was stripped you'd be able to spin the rotor... at least sometimes, at least one tooth's worth. We be find out very soon... :)

Na, if it was stripped you'd be able to spin the rotor... at least sometimes, at least one tooth's worth. We be find out very soon... :)
I would think that the odds of the gear stripping and landing exactly 180 degrees off would be very great.:cool:

Yep, FAR FAR FAR greater than 6:1. Or rather, the odds against it. :)

If it strips a tooth, it tends to strip only the one & wind up 60 degrees off instead of 180.

So i still havent been able to get to the jeep i might today after i do some yard work, but i was looking at the rotor and started moving it and there was a lot of movement and my dad checked it out and said that there was to much movement so i picked up a new rotor to see if it does the same but im gonna hopefully get to it today but still gotta get the timing cover back on, just no time and gonna be starting my second job here soon.

some times life gets in the way. you do need to get the timing cover on, just to keep the weather out and spiders and such but the jeep has waited more than 30 years, it will wait a little longer. :cool:

So i still havent been able to get to the jeep i might today after i do some yard work, but i was looking at the rotor and started moving it and there was a lot of movement and my dad checked it out and said that there was to much movement so i picked up a new rotor to see if it does the same but im gonna hopefully get to it today but still gotta get the timing cover back on, just no time and gonna be starting my second job here soon.

The jeep is inside the garage so there is not weather getting to it, maybe some spiders but i dont think its that time yet, its still cold except today its beautiful so im gonna crawl under it and get the oil pan loosened and get everything put back on today, tomorrow should be a good day a guy called me back he has some jeep parts im gonna try to get, he has one piece rear axles in a AMC20 but the pinion is broke so i could see getting that axle cheap, along with 4 different Transmission which 3 of them are 4 speeds, he knows one of the 4 speeds was bolted up behind his AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l before he swapped it out and he has a running AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l so im hoping to grab quite a few parts! :)

Woo got the timing cover back on!! but my friend snapped a bolt on the cover so there is some more fun and im having a little trouble finding where a few of the bolts go so if ya guys got any picture or what lengths of bolts go where let me know ;) didnt even have to loosen the oil pan, and if ya guys got a picture of how a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l alternator bracket bolts on that would be a plus to lol im gonna start taking pictures from now, gonna go get me a 12 megapixal camera. Tomorrow should be good to if i can some jeep parts to.

The alternator has a bolt and a stud with nut on the front and a bolt on the side of the head, inside the bracket.
One way to check length on the bolts is to snug it and try to spin the washer. If the washer spins you can bet the bolt is too long.
:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom