65 cj5

65 cj5

meatman

Jeeper
Thanks
could someone Help me with some links on some items

Had a guy drop my tranny and will help me replace some seals

front seal this is rubber on one side and felt on the other and rubber and felt in between

other seal I need is Transfer Case one that goes in the back by brake emergency brakes were full of oil but that one has felt on both sides and couple layers of rubber in between

and on top of that need parts for inside of emergency brakes

then I finely can go out for drives

and links or places I could get some of theses parts would be great

I see some place sale the rubber and felt as 2 seperate
or just rubber or felt just don't know what to buy

I'm assuming you still have the D18 Transfer Case ? Why not just pick up a seal kit and take care of them all?

Dana Model 18 Transfer Case Parts for CJ Willys

Use our discount code for 10% off!

Not sure about the seals or the parts your talking about on the brakes - but Morris should have them all.

They are out of Fl (Pompano) - so you should have them in one day (if you through in time)! :)

check out kaiserwillys.com ive gotten alot of my parts there. most of it is oem so on some parts its pricy but anything you need they got.

going to give the Herm a call
he emailed me and said that he has rebuilt emergency brakes for sale
He is a retired machinist, and early cjs (71 and earlier) are his hobby, he has a great supply of re manufactured parts that are up to a master machinist standards

When you install the companion flange be sure to remove all oils and grease in the area where the washer and nut go on because you will need to pack some RTV in there before you install the washer. It will leak out around the splines if you don't. HTH

When you install the companion flange be sure to remove all oils and grease in the area where the washer and nut go on because you will need to pack some RTV in there before you install the washer. It will leak out around the splines if you don't. HTH
Sounds like someone has done this before! Great tip!

now on the front seal the old one that was taken out was rubber and felt
and one of the ones I received in a order was just Felt
Why only felt

and the TC case seal that was pulled out was rubber and felt to and the one that came in the kit was rubber metal and the felt was separate
and on that one how do you install

now on a side note this my all be mute because Herm the Overdrive guy said he had the rubber felt seals that I took out
so I will wait for that order to come in before I do anything
plus herm is sending me a rebuilt E- brake

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom