79 CJ7-tune up and gas mileage suggestions

79 CJ7-tune up and gas mileage suggestions
I use Champion RN12YC & use a side gap HEI Ing., I'm getting 9-10 mpg with a Holley 4barrel 401 V8. In a 4500lb. 7'6" CJ8 with 38" tires & 4.56 Detroit locker.
It's got all the aerodynamics of a Peterbuilt.:rolleyes:

You crack me up Longhorn, you have EVERYTHING down to a key about your rig i mean down to an inch of height, i think someone is a little bit OBSESSED and needs to start building another jeep :D how bout a 4x4 drag jeep with the 429SCJ we were talking bout, make the thing pop wheelies!

little update and a few more carb questions.

I have not had to much time to time to work on the jeep but got a few things done and have a nice little pile of parts ready to go on.
Plugs were changed to champions just to get it up and running. Oil looked good, but was changed. Rocker cover gasket changed, as well as sanding and painting the rocker cover and air filter assembly to stop the rust.

I have most of the full TFI upgrade ready to bolt on as well as new hoses,t-stat, air filter, pcv.

questions-
There is a local guy that has a holly reman'd carter 2b that has never been run(but has been sitting for 2 years) for cheap that summit racing sells.
Has anyone had any experience with these remans before. Tried the search but no exact answers. I know holly is a solid company and it will bolt on. Just wondering if getting the current carter rebuilt would be a better option? Cost will be about the same.

Also while the option is on the table and the jeep is apart. Ive read the mc2100 is a good upgrade for the I6 as far as power and MPGs, but couldnt find exactly what else is involved in the swap. Is it a direct bolt on? Any links to threads on the swap as well as general cost would be appreciated.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom