83 cj5

83 cj5

MOcj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep cj5
I have a 83 CJ5 that has had a vortec 5.7 L31 engine out of a late 90's chevy truck. Anyways, its been settin for about 4 months. I started it once a couple of months ago. Tried to start it today and it cranked once and died. No power. I put new battery and battery terminals on it but no luck. I have no power at all. Headlight or fuel pump will not ever turn on.....

Hoping someone had a good idea where to start...

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello MOcj5 and welcome to our site! :chug:

Also check for any blown main fuses as well as burned out fuseable links.

check your ground wires from the battery and the one from the engine to the frame... thas where i would start[/QUOTE

Thanks for your help...I see you also in Missouri!....Im lookin for a good mechanic to do some things i don't have time to do if you are close...]

im about 120 miles away in the Rolla area if your needing some help with maintenance i would go to this web forum Ozarks JeepThing Club, Inc. - Index there in the Springfield MO area and should be able to find someone close to you to assist.

if posting links to other web forums is an issue( i know it is on some other forums) im sorry and it can be deleted

if posting links to other web forums is an issue( i know it is on some other forums) im sorry and it can be deleted
Not an issue at all! It is encouraged! Unlike many sites - we advocate the sharing of CJ information! :)

Not an issue at all! It is encouraged! Unlike many sites - we advocate the sharing of CJ information! :)

and this is why we love this site. its a one stop shop for all your needs. :D

Exactly... Isn't Al Gores Internet about the exchange of information! :laugh:

have you hugged a tree today??:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom