Chewed Ring and pinion Dana 30

Chewed Ring and pinion Dana 30
I no longer need them and I have carrier and pinion shims too that I can let go of.

If u want to let them go I'll pay the shipping and some cash... :drool:

I'm working on the front Dana 30 if it matters though...

If u want to let them go I'll pay the shipping and some cash... :drool:

I'm working on the front Dana 30 if it matters though...

My bad, Thats what happens when you don't read from the start or the heading:bang:
Bearings will be different but shims may be the same, forget about reusing your old bearings. The odds of the carrier going back in with a new ring and pinion and the backlash being correct is pretty slim. That still means your shims are under the bearings and my previous ramble carries over, Cheapest way if your gona do it yourself is to buy a second set of rollers and releive the inner so they will slide on and off the carrier while you swap around shims to set end play and backlash.

No worries on the concussion. :booze::booze:

That was a great link!! :rock:

I'm going to read through that when I get to a computer screen instead of this phone screen!

Yes, that is an excellent link!

I am downloading that PDF for future reference. It's old axles with enclosed steering knuckles and drums up front but the differentials themselves haven't changed over the years.
Thanks Sasquach :chug:

Lots of excellent information on Dana Axles, installing differentials and gear mesh patterns.
That's a link to have bookmarked. Or maybe we could upload some of those to our documents.
Thanks Sasquach

Again another great link!

Thanks Sasquach! :notworthy:

After next week i'll be trying to do this... With the full rebiuld kit to make sure i get it right.

:chug:

Again another great link!

Thanks Sasquach! :notworthy:

After next week i'll be trying to do this... With the full rebiuld kit to make sure i get it right.

:chug:
Good Luck! The biggest challenge now that you have good reference material and the help this board can provide will be the vast array of specialized tools that most of us don't have. You can work around it with some creativity in some cases but you will need a dial indicator and base as well as calipers at a minimum.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom