CJ running hot!

CJ running hot!
I think you may need a ground strap from your engine to the frame and tub. Or at least clean all of your battery cable conections.
You could be "burning" your coolant by not having a good ground. Most of the times I've seen the coolant turn brown it's been a electrical issue.
Once the coolant is burned it will not transfer heat very good and it will also freeze at a much higher temp.
I do recommend a 180 t-stat, that's what I run in my AMC 304 with no problems.:)

well the coolant itself isn't brown, it just has a lot of dirt/rust in it, that settles to the bottom of the upper water tank, you can see a layer of :dung: at the bottom once it all settles, but the coolant is still bright neon green, but it does get cloudy while the engine is running.

well the coolant itself isn't brown, it just has a lot of dirt/rust in it, that settles to the bottom of the upper water tank, you can see a layer of :dung: at the bottom once it all settles, but the coolant is still bright neon green, but it does get cloudy while the engine is running.

Sounds like the engine and rad. could use a good flushing

Old Dog is right if there is a lot of sediment in the block it will help the engine retain much of its heat.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom