ford t18 swap

ford t18 swap
getting it all together now. on the clutch kit. i recently installed a new clutch kit and had the wheel resurfaced.
Now on this swap, will i be ok using the new T-5 clutch parts(throwout bearing, linkage and pressure plate) with a 79 CJ7 clutch disc.
i also have the novak pilot bushing and a T-176 bellhousing with fork.

I used my throwout from my T-4 , same fork and pressure plate that were in the there. I would imagine they are the same.

I think you are ok with that disk, it should be about 10.5". 1 1/16" through the center 10 splines. It should not have slop. If you have the wrong one, it won't be at tight fit and I think it is 1 1/8" wide.

I had a heck of a time getting the tranny lined up. I don't have a lift or help:) and did from underneath. Even with the clutch tool and a tranny jack. The input splines are tapered, but the disk was a major pain lining up. Make sure you slide the disk over the shaft a few times, and grease a little. I ended up lightly filing the back edge of disk and it went much better.

Here's my T-18 shift lever. When it's in 1st or reverse it would hit my gauges. It takes a couple tries to get it shaped just right.
6262d1314919566-ford-t18-swap-shift-8-medium-.jpg
6263d1314919566-ford-t18-swap-shift-9-medium-.jpg
This maybe a dumb question but what is the extra little lever and cable running down your tranny shifter?:eek:

This maybe a dumb question but what is the extra little lever and cable running down your tranny shifter?:eek:
Hand throttle, allows you to work the brake, clutch, Transfer Case and Transmission sifter without having to move a foot to the gas pedal. Also allows you to keep a very constant engine speed while bouncing around, you don't have to worry about your foot slipping as the throttle has a friction lock.

Thanks for the info I always like to learn as much as possible

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom