Hate to open this over beaten topic , vlave cover leak

Hate to open this over beaten topic , vlave cover leak

robert1973

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ7
i have searched the net and other forums, but does anyone know of a non plastic replacement valve cover that just bolts on? Basically for a pre 1980 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . Am not into tapping holes or the such associated with making the 80 and newer replacements work on older AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l 's. I'm not so mechanically inclined LOL

well i couldn't find the clifford valve cover on their website so i don't know if they are still making them anymore. you might try calling them to see if they have any. but as far as i know they are the only ones who make/made an aluminum replacement for those year models. Tapping out the holes in the head isn't that hard to do if you wanna use the later model valve cover. anyhow here is a link to their website on how to contact them Clifford Performance :: Make 6 = 8

Quick answer, No. The only place that I found that made a replacement valve cover for the AMC 199/AMC 232 i6 /AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l pre-1980 was Clifford Performance. But I don't know if they still do, I can't find it on their online store anymore. I ended up taking my original valve cover to a machine shop and having them acid dip it. It came out looking better than brand new and only cost me, I think, $25.

Best bet is Ebay, Collins Brothers Jeep (but they're expensive), a local junkyard (remember AMC put the 199/AMC 232 i6 /AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l in cars too and all of the heads were the same on all three motors so the valve cover will be the same) or some other online used parts finder. Good luck :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom