Header Gasket Missing, where to find one?

Header Gasket Missing, where to find one?

Rust Bucket

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'75 CJ5 304 3 speed, '12 GMC Terrain, '07 F-150
My roommate is mounting a pair of used headers to his '74 CJ5 AMC 304 . Here's the problem, since the headers are used, they did not come with a gasket. I've helped him call around and we can't find anyone that can order the replacement. Where do you find a replacement gasket??? :(

One auto parts store said he could use a small block chevy gasket and modify it with a razor blade. That seems ridiculous since this is a fairly common engine.

Any suggestions? :confused:

My roommate is mounting a pair of used headers to his '74 CJ5 AMC 304 . Here's the problem, since the headers are used, they did not come with a gasket. I've helped him call around and we can't find anyone that can order the replacement. Where do you find a replacement gasket??? :(

One auto parts store said he could use a small block chevy gasket and modify it with a razor blade. That seems ridiculous since this is a fairly common engine.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Check the brand of headers and look online on some of the performance websites? lol my best idea http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=304 amc header gasket&dds=1

LOL< thanks you guys! Wow, someone beat CJ to a reply! I guess you can blame that Crackberry! :)

Now only if i could get someone to answer my question about the Team Rush upgrade for my 77 lol and i have a crackberry i might have not been able to beat him if i was on mine lol

Yes but i took into Detail of the Motor, *Cough*AMC 304 which my link was a direct link to the AMC 304 :)
LOL - So does mine - BTW, all dogleg AMC V8 header gaskets are the same... Regardless of the displacement or the year... :) (good info to know)... :)

Oh yea... You added the link after you made your original post... :)

Your original reply was... " Check the brand of headers and look online on some of the performance websites? lol my best idea" only... Remember - I see all.. Mmmuuuhhh :notworthy:

Wow, that started something! HAHA Thanks again guys. I will have the exhaust back on by Monday! WOOT :notworthy:
It's always good to have a little good natured banter between members! Makes the site fun! :)

LOL - So does mine - BTW, all dogleg AMC V8 header gaskets are the same... Regardless of the displacement or the year... :) (good info to know)... :)

Oh yea... You added the link after you made your original post... :)

Your original reply was... " Check the brand of headers and look online on some of the performance websites? lol my best idea" only... Remember - I see all.. Mmmuuuhhh :notworthy:

Lol you caught me :) and i did not know that but, every time i talk to you i learn a lot of info your are a wealth of information my friend :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom