Hm...that's weird...maybe a stuck float??

Hm...that's weird...maybe a stuck float??
I did pick up another fuel pump and gas cap this evening, but haven't installed them yet. Now you've got me wondering if I should even bother with the pump or just return it. Maybe it isn't a pump problem at all, but I'm not sure how I would figure it out.

ThisGuyUKnow: If I try blowing out the fuel lines with compressed air, what PSI do you suggest? Maybe around 40 or 50?

Also, if I blow out the fuel lines (and replace the pump), how much trouble am I going to have getting the system primed again?

Damn...One other thing I keep forgetting to mention...despite a decent tune-up and the other normal maintenance stuff, the Jeep also is getting pretty poor fuel mileage overall, even when it seems to be running fine at lower speeds/on flat ground....

Last edited:
Well I am not kne for finesse I normally conan everythig onthe jeep so I didn't pay attention to the psi I used. I think forty to fifty will be fne. When I did t I didn't remove the gas cap and it bubbledfor a sec and then stopped so I was like what the he'll and pulled the nozzle off the fuel line and got a face full of gas.

I think elec pump is the way to go but if you have he mech just install it. If u are getin crumby mileage though there are problems elsewhere I'd reckon

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom