ignition issue

ignition issue
I don't understand why people have a problem with ebay. I've bought over 500 items there and have had an issue once. Not bad odds.

Five years ago... I purchase a 81 Jeep Carb/Intake/Exhaust complete from WA. 81 last year of non feedback carb and the best one... per my mech friends. Wrap in a pc of folded cardboard like a torpedo. Banged up the disconneted carb, broke every sensor on manifold, packed like a 6 yr old did it. $250 range plus ship charges.

Carb was a feedback carb, and the feedback stuff was hidden in his pictures and it was not a 81.

Tried to make a ship claim and all paper and money goes to shipper even when payment is proven with 3rd party.

False phone number, false address, paid with a tellers check.

I made a Tellers Check Return Funds claim, cost me $40 or so, written complaints, 2 mo wait to get money back.

I have made 15 purchases on EBay... maybe you are lucky or I am not.
Odds are not always what they seem to be.

Fred

I also sold a $500 printer, was sent a false ck for item & ship charges... l;ike $700-800, from a recently closed business too. I wanted to ck bank to verify enough funds. Acct & routing were correct, account had been closed, busniess recently closed too....

I guess you are lucky to find this ignition upgrade then too... and someone that understands it, lucky again.

Fred,

Sorry for going off on you like that. Sometimes when I get riled I have a tendenacy to say things that I later regret. I do appreciate all the time and info. that you've given me and I'm sure others do too. Being out of the states the only way I can get info is over the web, so I went to O'reilly's web site and did a search for BorgWarner and came up blank.

Sorry also for your experiences with Ebay. Before I buy I always check feedback, if they have less than 10 or a lot of negative, I don't buy. I've bought a car, hot tub, things costing thousands of dollars and some things only a $1. The only time I didn't get something, I got my money back. Always use PayPal. Sometimes things take a while to receive, 6 months one time, but for me it's always worked.

So I'll take the part numbers you've given me, look for the best prices, buy all the right parts and hopefully put them together correctly. I'm looking forward to this project when I get back, and I know I that with your help I'll be able to right now.

Thanks,
Dan

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom