intake ?

intake ?
the v8 cable is shorter thats what i have on it now,

the v8 cable is shorter thats what i have on it now,

Doh! You're right. I had it backwards. Now that I think about it, since my jeep pile of parts didn't come with a throttel cable, I bought a new one. The guy at Advance accidentally gave me one for a V8 so I had to exchange it because it was too short.

its the stock head. i just put the adapter on heres a pic

I'm sure it'll run with your 2100 bolted on it that way, but it won't be using the runners the way they intended, and you won't have much intake velocity, so it'll kill your low RPM torque.

The more I think about it, if it were me, I'd just buy a 600 and disconnect the secondaries. That'll give you the ideal 300 CFMs and use the intake the way it was meant to be used for the primaries.

Exactly!

With a vaccum secondary you only run on the primaries anyway during most normal driving, and the secondaries only open when you put your foot on the floor long enough to build the neccessary vaccum to open them. Rather than disconnecting the secondaries, you could always just buy a vaccum secondary spring kit and install a stronger spring in the secondary diaphram that would keep them closed unless you're at high enough RPMs to open them. That would be the classier way of keeping the 600 from over loading your engine.

ill have to think about that one. a 390 is going to be hard to find.

i text the guy about that carb and he said it was missing the choke lever. can i buy one of these somewhere?

i text the guy about that carb and he said it was missing the choke lever. can i buy one of these somewhere?

Wouldn't it figure. I had one laying around from the 700 dbl pumper I ran on my vette but I'm pretty sure I through it out a few months ago when I cleaned my garage out after getting the Jeep on the road. I would have just given it to you!

It's a really common part, but I don't know who would sell it new.

Wouldn't it figure. I had one laying around from the 700 dbl pumper I ran on my vette but I'm pretty sure I through it out a few months ago when I cleaned my garage out after getting the Jeep on the road. I would have just given it to you!

It's a really common part, but I don't know who would sell it new.

i found one its $6, $25 for carb, and $23 plus my discount for a rebuild kit at work. think it will work like you said?

i found one its $6, $25 for carb, and $23 plus my discount for a rebuild kit at work. think it will work like you said?
Yes. Your intake is made to run off the primaries through the primary intake runners that go to each cylinder under normal operation and only use the secondaries under heavy throttle. Since your motor won't breath enough to make use of the secondaries on a carb this size, you just don't need to use them. It's the only way I know of that you can make good use of your new intake without either waiting to find a pretty rare 390 CFM used or paying $300-$400 for a new 4 barrel of the correct size.

i got a manuel choke ill see if i can reuse it.

A couple other things you might think about. Lots of companies make adjustable throttle linkage brackets for Holley 4 barrels and they're pretty cheap. And I would also again strongly suggest you buy the blue reusable gaskets for the holley so you can play with the jets and power valve to get the mixture right without replacing gaskets each time, or worrying about leaks. If your kit doesn't come with this type, I'd just buy a new power valve, two new needle and seats, one bowl gasket, one metering block gasket, and a secondary jet plate gasket that also doubles as the secondary float bowl gasket. You can get all of that piece meal at most auto parts stores, and that's really all you need to rebuild a Holley 600. There's really no need to replace the gasket between the body and the base. Just make sure you run a wire and plenty of carb cleaner through the idle jet holes at the bottom of the venturis with the idle bleed screws out to work loose any built up carbon.

Good luck! :chug:

i got the carb. which number on it is the carb? i need to get the hole choke that bolts to the carb. heres the carb.

Last edited:
i got the carb. which number on it is the carb? i need to get the hole choke that bolts to the carb. heres the carb.

The model number should be on the air horn. If memory serves, the 1850 model is the most common generic square bore 600. Most gaskets on Holley's are universal. The main difference in them is the gasket between the base and the body. Do you have O'Reilly Auto where you live? If so, they carry all the gaskets for common Holleys in stock.

The model number should be on the air horn. If memory serves, the 1850 model is the most common generic square bore 600. Most gaskets on Holley's are universal. The main difference in them is the gasket between the base and the body. Do you have O'Reilly Auto where you live? If so, they carry all the gaskets for common Holleys in stock.

how dare you lol i work at advance auto

Found this site with the whole manual chole assembly for $35. Or you could go with the electric for $50.

Holley Parts Page

how dare you lol i work at advance auto
That's funny. I kind of worked for Advance Auto for a while back in 1999. I was a shift manager in the mainframe computer room at Western Auto home office in KC when Advance bought us out. They offered to relocate me to their home office in Roanoke VA but I declined. They gave me a severance package and retention money to stick around for a year during the conversion, so for about a year I worked for Advance. I don't hold a grudge, and I still shop at Advance, but O'Reilly is more likely to have the Holley gaskets in stock.

Remember, USE THE BLUE ONES! :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom